Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Country Representative , the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Provide support to the Country Representative in strategic planning for the Myanmar Country Office
- Provide substantive inputs on the formulation of concept notes for UN Women's intervention areas; as well as the office’s strategic note;
- Provide inputs to the development of country programming processes and products, including the including the annual workplan, strategic note, and programme/ project documents, the preparation of United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and other UN system joint programming documents;
- Follow up on required action/outstanding issues and report on outcome/ result. Alert the Country Representative/ CO on critical issues to be addressed.
Provide technical support to the Country Representative and Country Office on inter-agency coordination
- Provide technical support to joint inter-agency UN planning processes and similar exercises;
- Prepare briefing materials for the CO on issues to be discussed in the UN and other events and meetings;
- Prepare background materials and analysis for the Resident Coordinator/Humanitarian Coordinator (RC/HC) and the UN Country Team (UNCT) and Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) on the gender dynamics and opportunities to support inclusive engagement of women in the development assistance provided by the UNCT and the humanitarian response supported by the HCT;
- Provide technical support to UNCT in monitoring and reporting and prepare analytical and regular progress reports on UN Women’s programme experiences, as necessary;
- Act as Secretary of the Gender Coordination Bodies chaired or co-chaired by UN Women, including the UNCT Gender Theme Group and the GEWE Development Partner Group and support the work of UN Women as co-facilitator of the GEWE Non Sector Coordination Group under the Myanmar Development Assistance Coordination Unit (DACU).
Provide technical support to the development of strategic partnerships and resource mobilization efforts
- Provide support in managing activities and other promotional events to engage bilateral and multilateral institutions/ donors, private sector and civil society to expand and/or sustain interest and resources for UN Women programmes and joint UN system programmes;
- Prepare background documents and analysis for the Country Representative to forge and implement strategic partnerships to increase outreach on UN Women’s work in country;
- Provide support to development partners and national counterparts on implementation of key UN frameworks and conventions on gender equality;
- Provide network and capacity development to partner Civil Society Organizations and other stakeholders, as necessary;
- Support the CO engagement with Civil Society and the engagement of CSOs and government partners with gender focused inter-governmental processes such as Beijing + 25, CEDAW and the Commission on Status of Women.
Provide advocacy and communication support to the Myanmar Country Offices
- Update the CO Annual Communication Strategy, develop content and ensure proper management/ monitoring of the CO website and social media channels;
- Coordinate and implement advocacy campaigns on issues related to Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE), with a specific focus on International Women’s Day, the GenerationEquality Campaign and the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence;
- Participate in and contribute to policy dialogues around gender equality and the empowerment of women, as necessary.
Facilitate knowledge building and sharing
- Provide support to the development and dissemination of good practices and lessons learned; ensure incorporation into programme planning;
- Contribute to capacity building exercises, as necessary.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Master's degree or equivalent in social sciences, international development, gender/women's studies, or a related field is required.
Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in coordination, development /humanitarian project support, monitoring and evaluation and capacity building is an asset
- Knowledge of gender equality and women´s empowerment required
- Demonstrated experience in the inter-agency coordination across the development-humanitarian nexus and coordination with the international development partners, civil society and government
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy, communication and knowledge management
- Excellent writing, reporting, and analytical skills
- Previous experience with UN Women and other UN Agencies and engaging with diverse stakeholders, including CSOs, (I)NGOs, etc. an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Gender equality and the advancement of women, Public information and reporting, Monitoring and evaluation Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup . Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 24-11-2020