Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
The MSIP Planning & Design Manager role plays an important part in delivering the service to our client. The incumbent will manage the applicable WLAs and OLAs with delivery organizations, manage the delivery of planning and engineering activities, securing an efficient customer network. The scope can be RAN, Core, IP Transport, Cloud.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Responsible in handling Network growth management (Capacity Planning & Forecasting), Network Element Life Cycle Management.
- Perform Governance and Operational review with delivery Organizations and customer.
- C-level interfacing; Manages Multi Vendor portfolio
- Operational Management function for end-to-end planning, design, engineering and optimization activities to be performed on the live network, Broadcast and infrastructure according to the service contracts.
- Delivery Performance Management. Based on the contractual SLA, establish the WLA between the delivery units and the MSIP and monitor the delivery performance according to MS governance model.
- Holding governance meetings on engineering, optimization and application development subjects according to MS Governance model.
- Manage and control Capacity, Availability, Security and Business Continuity Management activities, based on contractual and customer’s requirement.
- Coordinate the operational interface between planning & engineering delivery units and the customer organization.
- Analysing customer requirements and driving discussions with customer and other internal areas regarding Planning & Design.
- Securing that the solutions reflects end-to-end contractual requirements and Ericsson strategy.
- Coordinating the “live” network changes with CAB and securing customer approval for changes for Transport network.
- Ensuring long term infrastructure evolution plan, based on the demand growth and new technology / functionalities introduction forecast, aligned with Customer Strategy.
- Responsible to validate and approve the capacity and availability plans for the live network.
- Maintain customer network / solution documentation to increase customer insight and to support strategic decisions (e.g. Network Configuration).
- Continuously drive for efficiency, improvements, automation and excellence in service delivery.
Technical Skill Set Required
- Good knowledge of the telecom network.
- 8+ Years in the Telecom Industry
- Have experience in optimization, designing, configuration, Implementation and Operations including strategy planning and delivery in Telecom field.
- Good computer skill: MS Office (email, excel, word, access, PowerPoint...), AutoCad,
- Good management & control, database skill.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Basic knowledge on finance process and principle.
- Open approach to solving problems and dealing with new proposals.
- Able to work pro-actively with other vendors and subcontractors.
- Be prepared to be involved in network related emergency handling activities.
- Expert in Core & cloud OR RAN OR IP Transport & Transmission
Share with us your interest in developing with Ericsson! We will explain the details of the role to you.
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply?
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union.