Purpose of the Position:
The overall purpose of the PMER officer is to provide technical assistance to the operation manager in regards with the planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting tasks related to COVID-19 response operation within the framework of the MRCS policies and procedures in accordance with the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Movement. S/He is also responsible to building up the capacity of programme staff and Red Cross Volunteers at township and community to measure impacts in line with project agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Monitoring of the operation
1. Provide appropriate technical assistance to Operation Manager in reviewing and revising work plans.
2. Verify and analyse data and information on a regular basis to ensure that operation is progressing as planned and make appropriate recommendations for the operation team
3. Support in establishment and maintenance of effective database providing support and supervision in data collection, entering, processing and analysis.
4. Develop weekly activity updates to submit the Ministry of Health and Sport in Myanmar and to share the RCRC partners in English.
5. Daily update to operation manager in regards with the reporting status from States and Regions.
6. Work on knowledge management by disseminating the monitoring and evaluation findings, recommendations, and lessons learnt from monitoring and evaluation.
7. Prepare the final operation report and donor reports according to different donor timelines.
8. Provide trainings and supervise quality of work of data volunteers from township branches.
9. Support for conducting participatory lesson learned, monitoring and evaluation activities in the field.
10. Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
Cooperation and coordination
11. Ensure effective and close coordination with colleagues from different departments of MRCS especially Health MER manager.
12. Ensure close coordination with State/ Region and Township Red Cross branches personnel by means of 2-way communication.
13. Any other relevant duties assigned by direct supervisor and Health Department.
Skills, Competency and Requirements
- Must be a Myanmar National
- Age between 25 to 45 years
- Bachelor or equivalent degree must in community development, statistics, social or development-related studies
- Minimum three years of experience and proven skills in programme planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting including in development of programme monitoring and evaluation plans, narrative reports and indicator tracking tables
- Experience in planning and monitoring health projects/programs
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Good knowledge on qualitative data collections, analysis, and the use of statistical software
- Strong skill in report writing with numerical recording detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent Communication Skills, both oral and written and problem solving skill
- Ability to travel anywhere at short notice
- Ability to work well in a team and dealt with stressful situation
- Excellent command of English and Myanmar especially in translating, including written, spoken and typing
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to:
Head Office: Myanmar Red Cross Society Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, Nay Pyi Taw.
Branch Office: Myanmar Red Cross Society No. 42, Red Cross Building, StrandRoad, Botahtaung Township, Yangon. (or)
Application Deadline : July 14, 2020