Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience working on and delivering campaigns in policy and political areas.
- Experience working with/across the APAC region.
- Experience working with international teams and a variety of stakeholders, and in executing strategies to deliver solutions.
- Ability to lead and evaluate issues independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously.
About The Job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you'll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
As a Policy and Political Campaigns Lead, you will lead campaigns on policy and legislative issues in the APAC region. You'll run the day-to-day campaign management, conducting and orchestrating a cross-functional effort with teams across the business and across the region. You will also lead the campaigns team through a cross-company effort in spotting the risks and opportunities early on, to developing goals and strategy with the policy and product leads, right through to daily management of the campaign itself and assessment of what's working and what's not.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across Google to lead, coordinate, and manage campaigns on policy issues facing the company.
- Plan and manage campaigns from outset through peak campaign period, including daily communications, senior-level and cross-company updates.
- Ensure the development of collateral, research and other resources to support the campaigns, and manage the budget to deliver those.
- Support the Campaigns team overall to develop mechanisms and metrics, spotting risks and kicking off campaigns early.
- Join the effort cross-team when there are priority campaigns reaching peak in other regions.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .