About the Role
Job Title : Primary ICT Associate Teacher - Network International School
Salary : According to Network Pay Scales and Experience
Hours of Work : Permanent, Full Time
Accountable to : Principal
To complement the professional work of Network Teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under the direction of the Network Teacher. This will include planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals and groups. The Network Associate Teacher will also have responsibility for whole class teaching and covers for the Network Teacher in their absence. The Network Associate Teacher supports the Network Teacher in monitoring students and assessing, recording and reporting on students’ achievement, progress and development.
Areas of Accountability
• To cover for the Network Teacher in their absence.
• To be responsible for planning, preparing and delivering timetabled lessons with the Network Teaching Assistant and effectively manage them in the classroom.
• To contribute to whole school ethos, environment and organisation both practically and as a role model for students and colleagues.
• Help create a teaching environment that stimulates students learning.
• Foster an enjoyment of learning.
• Undertake other duties from time to time as directed by the Principal of Network School.
• To act as co-tutors in the secondary phase and cover the Network Teacher in the event of their absence.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Support for Students
• Assess the needs of students and use detailed knowledge and skills to support students’ learning.
• Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom.
• Support students consistently whilst recognizing and responding to their individual needs.
• Encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities.
• Promote independence and employ strategies to recognize and reward achievement of self-reliance.
• Provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement
Support For Network Teachers
• Help organise and manage an appropriate learning environment and resources
• Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required on student achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
• Monitor and evaluate student responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies as directed by the Network Teacher.
• Systematically record progress and achievement in lessons and activities and provide evidence of range and level of progress and attainment
• Administer and assess/mark tests and invigilate exams/tests
• Work with Network Teachers and Network Associate Teachers to produce lesson plans, worksheets, etc.
• Attend all relevant parent meetings.
• To undertake any additional responsibilities as directed by the Principal.
• Have an active role in the wider curriculum, participating in extracurricular activities and school journeys, work experience and extension activities as necessary.
• To proactively engage with professional development in relevant areas, especially subject knowledge & teaching methods, and participate with the school’s Performance Management process.
• To work as a member of a team, positively contributing to effective working relations within the school.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Training
• Good level of education to 18.
• Good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Good understanding of child development and learning processes.
• University Education.
Skills and Competencies
• Have excellent spoken and written English and Myanmar.
• Ability to relate well to students and adults.
• Ability to work collaboratively and creatively with colleagues in a team.
• Ability to lead other staff.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible and uses own initiative.
• Understand classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
• Ability to use ICT effectively to support learning.
Experience of Work in Schools
• Previous experience of leading own teaching groups.
• Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment.
• Experience of working with children in the relevant age range.
• Motivated to work with students.
• Willingness to develop own skills, knowledge and understanding by participating in the schools CPD programme.