Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Our Business Analytics & Insights team works on providing data and insights that unlock value, inform strategy, and guide Marketing & Product decisions. We are looking for an independent, self-motivated analytics leader who will drive deep investigations into vast troves of behavioral and transactional data and unlock outstanding and valuable insights that lead to immediate change within the Marketing organization. In this role, you will craft and execute a broad range of analyses in order to discover insights and influence our Heads of Marketing & Product. The output of your work will be instrumental in redefining how millions of people around the world work. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with presenting findings to the executives as-needed and have the courage to defend their conclusions or objectively admit their mistakes.
- Contribute to solving the sophisticated problems inherent to a double-sided marketplace.
- Lead the web analytics infrastructure and drive an analytics roadmap across Marketing, Product, Data & Platform Services teams.
- Drive operational excellence to understand basic drivers of business performance through weekly metrics review processes
- Drive strategic analysis projects to help the business understand key drivers of marketing performance. Develop an unparalleled understanding of the dynamics behind our marketplace to unlock new sources of growth
- Develop new metrics and analytical concepts that drives the business forward
- Build mission critical dashboards that provide Marketing Leadership with self-serve access to key performance indicators
- Drive analytics projects from conceptualization to execution: translate a business question into an analytical framework, generate insights through analysis, and effectively communicate recommended actions.
What we are looking for:
- You have 8+ years of professional web analytics experience in support of marketing initiatives
- You have depth and expertise in Google Analytics implementation projects for a large marketplace or eCommerce business
- You have experience in working with Data Engineering teams and reconciling multiple sources of data to establish a source of truth
- You have created Marketing campaigns by segmenting and targeting users in our website.
- You apply critical thinking and demonstrate an eagerness to dive into the data, producing immediate value while still keeping an eye on long-term strategy and scalability.
- You take ownership seriously and hold yourself accountable to always deliver in a reliable manner. We all thrive in a fast-paced environment and in leading multiple work streams.
- Writing sophisticated SQL and a strong affinity for troubleshooting and performance tuning others’ SQL
- You can up-level your finding to a large audience
- Proficiency in data visualization techniques with Looker, Domo, Tableau or similar
- You are comfortable with scripting or other automation tools and techniques
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.