As ION Mobility’s Principal Engineer (Battery & Powertrain) based out of our Singapore headquarters with other offices in Shenzhen and Jakarta, you will be reporting to our Chief Executive Officer in Singapore (solid line) and Vice President of Vehicle Dynamics & Integration (dotted line). If proven, we expect to build a team around you.
As our Principal Engineer (Battery & Powertrain), you will be participating in our multi-disciplinary and cross-region engineering and development efforts from prototyping through production phases, with a focus on leading our custom EV motorcycle battery pack, and supporting our vehicle mechanical engineering efforts elsewhere. This includes but is not limited to aspects such as Mechanical CAD design, Thermal simulation, Heat management and design optimisations, Battery Management Systems, as well as the integration of our pack with our EV motorcycles' Onboard Charger and electrical grid.
Our success will depend on you and your eventual team’s work with quality and speed, in support of other functions’ requirements such as Management, Mechanical, Software, Procurement, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance.
ION Mobility (http://www.ionmobility.asia/) is an electric mobility technology and product company with teams across Singapore, Indonesia and China. We design, assemble and support connected and smart electric motorcycles for Southeast Asian consumers and businesses, starting with the Indonesian market. There is no reason why the trusty motorcycle shouldn’t join the ranks of devices that form part of our digital flow in the Internet era. Our data-driven approach will enable us to drive a superior user experience and develop better-received products over time.
Co-founders James Chan, Joel Chang, Chris Riether and Xian-yi Wu are on a mission to accelerate the transition from Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) to Electric as its energy source for the over 200 million ICE motorcycle population in Southeast Asia, so as to drive a sustainable future for generations to come. Southeast Asia is the world’s third largest motorcycle market (behind India and China), offering us a large canvas upon which our team can innovate and create impact for consumers and business fleet operators.
Our initial market will be in Indonesia.
Sample Work Scope
- Use CAD to develop new concepts.
- Develop and fabricate functional prototypes and test methods to validate new concepts.
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to develop manufacturable parts, minimize cost, and maximize consistency.
- Complete design cycles from concepts to fully validated production designs.
- Prior full-time work experience in EV battery pack design, prototyping to fully-validated production designs are a must
- Minimally a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering physics, or related field.
- Significant exposure to CAD modeling; CATIA v5 or v6/3DX experience a plus but not required.
- Experience solving open ended engineering problems in relevant or adjacent industries
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, such as statics, dynamics, fluid dynamics, and heat transfer.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Strong cross-cultural, remote communication skills are a plus