Are you the best architect on your team and ready to take your skills to the next level? Are you excited about using cutting-edge cloud-native technologies to rebuild dozens of software applications?
Join our team for a unique opportunity to fast-track your software architecture career. Most architects work on one or two products a year, in this role you will work on a different product every week and make technical decisions for over 100 software products. You will learn about, follow, and expand on dozens of architectural design patterns; refining and applying your skills on a daily basis.
This is a purely technical role and is a great fit for people who are passionate about architectural designs, put a lot of thought into their technical decisions, and are looking for an avenue to use them/write them down to shape the product architecture and see them come to fruition.
What You Will Be Doing
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Extracting Functional and Non-functional requirements from higher-level technical specifications, typically a different product every week.
- Researching and using products from different domains and browsing architecture documents to develop a deeper understanding of the product and the proposed architectural design.
- Expanding on dozens of state-of-the-art architecture design patterns by making the next-level technical design decisions that further define the product architecture.
- Developing a broad Cloud services expertise as you will be constantly challenged to learn new technologies, identify their limitations, and make technical decisions about how to use and integrate them as part of rebuilding 100s of products using modern cloud-native stacks.
- Defining the acceptance criteria to measure engineering deliverables against
Principal Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Permanently assigned to a single product.
- Managing long feature backlogs, defining project timelines, or allocating resources.
- Providing day-to-day direction to an engineering team.
- Defining Functional and Non-Functional requirements for a release by extracting them from higher-level technical product specifications.
- Making the Next-Level Technical Design Decisions that follow the next-level detail of how to use/integrate the technology choices defined in the higher-level spec.
- Producing well-written specifications that document your design decisions and outline the functional and non-functional requirements for a release.
- Reviewing and Signing off on Engineering deliverables to make sure that your design is well implemented.
- A university degree including the study of data structures, algorithms, and computing fundamentals.
- At least 3 years of experience writing Object-oriented production code for a commercial software company.
- At least 2 years leading a development team, i.e. responsible for reviewing code written by other, setting dev standards
- At least 1 year of experience making important architecture and design decisions; such as data domain modeling, application of design patterns, and design using third-party components.
- Some experience designing for cloud computing paradigms (such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform).
- The ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them with clear, logical thinking.
- Experience rebuilding/redesigning existing products on top of entirely new cloud services (for example all the AWS services beyond EC2 and S3).
- Experience writing technical architecture documents
- AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials
to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3335-MM-Naypyida-PrincipalEngin.004