The Pricing team owns the definition and execution of pricing strategy at GitLab. This team is incredibly strategic to GitLab's success, and has the opportunity to make a large positive financial impact through improving Average Selling Price and Average Revenue per User.
The Principal Pricing Manager reports to the Sr. Director of Pricing .
Principal Pricing Manager Responsibilities
Principal Pricing Manager Requirements
- Drive pricing strategy for the pricing team
- Lead the research and analysis efforts to define our pricing model, including pricing metrics, price points, and package construction
- Collaborate effectively with the executive team and product organization to drive complex pricing decisions
- Ensure pricing and packaging policy is effectively implemented into the customer experience
- Implement continuous pricing optimization plans
- Work with the Growth teams to increase Average Revenue per User (ARPU)
Principal Pricing Manager Job Grade
- 7+ years of pricing experience. MBA preferred.
- Fluency in pricing research methodologies like conjoint and Van Westendorp Analysis
- Deep analytical skill and experience creating complex models to forecast the impact of pricing changes
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative customer validation techniques, including surveys & customer interviewing to test customer segmentation, value metrics, pricing models, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex cross-functional pricing & packaging decisions
- Previous experience using customer/market segmentation techniques to effectively map pricing packages to user personas, buyer personas, and/or market segments
The Principal Pricing Manager is a grade 9.5 .Principal Pricing Manager Hiring Process
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with the Sr. Director of Pricing
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a leader from the Product team (VP, Product or Group Manager, Product)
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a leader from the Marketing Organization (Sr. Director of Strategic Marketing or CMO)
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a case study presentation with the Chief Product Officer and Sr. Director of Pricing
- Finally, selected candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a leader from the Sales Organization (VP of Sales Ops, VP of Sales or CRO)
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .Compensation
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .
Remote-GlobalCountry Hiring Guidelines
Please visit our Country Hiring Guidelines page to see where we can hire.Your Privacy