Have you realized that the future of work is remote and that everything has to change if you’re going to build a remote company? Do you have the top-tier MBA providing the foundation to make organizational decisions with? Did a few years of management consulting experience give you the experience of counseling senior executives on how to improve operations and strategy?
We are looking for the brightest leaders that love learning how businesses work and are full of insights on how to make things simpler. You will need to unlearn what you know about traditional ways to execute so you can define the remote-first organizations that produce work fully asynchronously and to the highest quality standards.
Crossover cracked the code on remote work 15 years ago. We’ve learned the key to success is composing teams of the smartest and most talented individuals in the world. Our all-remote teams are successful because their work is highly-structured and is always measured by simple quality standards.
Our novel approach to building teams does not center around people with old school recruiting and HR backgrounds. Unlike most companies that rely on CVs and interview performance to dominate their hiring decisions, Crossover uses skills assessments built from real work as the largest factor in deciding if a candidate is qualified for a team.
In this unique role, you will be responsible for digging into each team, developing a deep understanding of the work they produce and building the recruiting pipeline that will power that team with the most qualified resources on Earth. The position is a great fit for people with experience as strategy, management or organizational development consultants that have been trained to decompose business processes and reconstruct them in more efficient forms.
What You Will Be Doing
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Diving deep into a new team that you have minimal experience with, learning what the real work is, and simplifying it into a structured format.
- Designing the real work assessments and marketing content for your pipelines.
- Using hard data to assess pipeline performance and make decisions about how to improve the quality of candidates applying.
Principal Key Responsibilities
- Designing compensation or benefits packages or any other HR functions outside of recruiting.
- Combing through CVs and role openings to find matches.
- Directly managing people.
- Developing a deep understanding of the work that is done on a team.
- Identifying what differentiates low quality and high quality work.
- Finding or building assessments that evaluate an applicant's ability to do the real work.
- Distilling what makes the work exciting and different from other organizations.
- Crafting content to use on job boards, social media and our career pages that motivate candidates to take the assessments and "audition" for the role.
- Evaluating work that applicants submit and interviewing those that meet your high quality bar.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a software company or as a management consultant advising a software business
- At least 3 years experience managing others and being responsible for the quality of their work
- Either a career-start in management consulting or a specialization in organizational development, crafting people strategies beginning with a deep dive into the work.
- The ability to simplify complex ideas and write them clearly and concisely.
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials
to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4195-MM-Naypyida-Principal.002