Social27 is a leading Virtual Events Platform. We are a fast-growing company headquartered in Redmond, WA. We offer an all-in-one, virtual event platform that helps small, medium, and enterprise companies around the world bring the best part of in-person events to the virtual world with greater reach, accessibility, and insights.
With significant early traction, we're working towards building our in-house Product & Engineering team to be the heartbeat that drives the company forward. We are looking for a full-time, highly-skilled Principal Engineer, who is comfortable with distributed and high-performance systems.
You will be designing and iterating on a distributed system operating at high concurrency. You understand the challenges of building a system that is both efficient and open for extension. You have an in-depth understanding of database and storage technologies, distributed system strategies and technologies, and API design. You will be responsible for reviewing strategies from your colleagues, as well as helping them improve and advise on their plans.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment, as well as collaborating with a remote development team.
- Taking ownership of a broad ambiguous problem space, have the technical expertise to figure out how to get it solved.
- Working with the various teams to drive projects to completion by
- Code reviewing
- Setting up the coding standards
- Working hands-on on POCs and key parts of the solution
- Can take in different solutions, weigh and discuss technical trade-offs, and come up with a business sensible solution.
- Architect a highly available system capable of handling large numbers in concurrent usage.
- Design a platform and API that allows for increased extensibility.
- Responsible for understanding functional and business requirements and translate them into effective code
- Ownership for ensuring code optimization, problem diagnosis and on-time delivery
- 4+ years of experience as a technical architect or platform engineer with Microservices
- 6+ years of experience as a technical leader, experience with .Net Core C#
- Frameworks/libraries - Experience with Cucumber, Spring, Kafka, Protobuf, or Gemfire a Plus
- Hands-on experience with Kafka. Expert understanding of at least one pub sub-system.
- Internal knowledge Websockets
- Excellent hands-on experience with MongoDB, Mongo aggregation, MS SQL
- Ability to build REST services, Authentications, MVC applications
- Excellent Object Oriented Programming skills and ability to write modular, secure, scalable, and maintainable code
- Experience with Redis and Caching technologies
- Self-learning abilities are required
- Familiarity with upcoming new technologies is a strong plus
- Experience building distributed systems using Azure infrastructure.
Nice to haves
- Rules Engines experience a Plus: Drools or Rulebook
- Mastery of both REST and GraphQL APIs design.
- Experience with big data and analytics.
- Experience with WebRTC, Live Streaming or other related video technologies
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Global team exposure
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned
*This is a remote position*
Social27 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.
Powered by JazzHR