IT Principal Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a IT Principal Software Engineer on our Information Technology team in Remote - Malaysia to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What You’ll Achieve
As an IT Principal Software Engineer, you will deliver products and improvements for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, you will craft and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most sophisticated technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and partnerships.
- Be part of the team accountable for health of Next Gen Managed Services environment, monitoring, incident management, and security
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment with cross-functional teams and business groups
- Develop tools to identify reliability risks, monitor application growth, and triage production issues
- Respond to incidents, perform root cause analysis, and drive change management to prevent a recurrence
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Possesses and applies advanced knowledge of Modern IT principles and practices, CI/CD, DevOps, automated testing
- Ability to effectively communicate technology issues, root cause analysis and solution options to business leadership
- Possesses excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Understanding of Securing environments using Firewalls, TLS, RBAC, Authentication, Password Vault, certificates
Experience with microservices architectures utilizing Kubernetes, Docker and CI/CD tools such as Gitlab
- 8+ years of validated experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computing engineering or computer science
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Id: R112817Job Function: Information Technology