Fanatics is building the leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans, and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Leveraging these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as the global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Trading Cards, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end trading cards experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Additional ventures that will build out Fanatics’ footprint across the broader digital sports landscape will be rolled out soon.
Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 8,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About The Team
We are a passionate group of product developers, designers, artists, merchants and planners where art truly meets science. Fanatics Brands is proud to be the largest purveyor of long-term rights and partnerships for all major sports leagues and hundreds of colleges. We are first to market with premium apparel, headwear and hard goods along with official fan jerseys for the NHL, NBA and NFL. When the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup and World Series ends, we are the team running product to the players and delivering to fans around the globe. Our commitment to sports doesn’t stop there - we’ve made strategic alliances with Blizzard Entertainment, Disney, Marvel, Lucas Film and Pixar to bring fans an unprecedented assortment. At its core, Fanatics Brands is all about speed and agility. We are built to always respond to the ever-changing sports world.
The Product Developer is responsible for managing the factory through the entire development and costing process from 1st proto to bulk production ready status. This involves coordinating with the US and Thai teams to develop and maintain reports that track development, approvals and production ready status of all styles of the designated product line. You will analyze the development progress, consult with management to fix items that are missing deadlines, and recommend corrective action plans.
- Conceptual Development / Strategy / Line Plan
- Establish calendar development timelines and prioritize flow of materials, art and fit approvals based on production timing
- Support materials planning for protos and SMS with Materials team and suppliers
- Work with suppliers to follow up on development testing and fix any potential quality issues, coordinate with Quality Assurance to ensure the quality of products
- Costing / Allocation / Forecast
- Support development and cost negotiations during conceptual development. Track receipt of costs in alignment with proto delivery. Audit vendor cost sheets. Negotiate all costs to achieve margin targets, and build cost options to achieve product margin.
- Plan and lead seasonal costing and development trips, with final goal of 100% cost confirmation prior to line freeze
- Communicate to supply base forecasts and style adds / drops
- Compile material and production minimum quantities and lead times partnering with Production Analyst to build yarn, greige, color commitment and production plan
- Samplemen Sample to Production Ready Status
- Manage development from sales samples to production ready tech pack, working cross functionally with Materials, Color, Tech Design, Production Art for designated channel/categories
- Assume and manage TP/BOM development at SMS conceptual stage to execute across all teams/colors for production, inclusive of PLM data management
- Review and approve production art for color, placement, technique, and execution
- Coordinate between vendors, suppliers and US office to ensure submittals and approvals are executed on-time
- Coordinate with color team to ensure on-time color approvals of materials
- Monitor production work in progress (WIP) and manage all reports / working files with vendors for development
- Lead any style re-development at substitute factory to ensure product meets all financial and product requirements
- Negotiate and finalize costs if changes occur between sales samples to production
- Daily Activities
- Maintain tracking and related record keeping, data input and in/out parcel coordination
- Monitor work in progress (WIP) and manage all reports / working files with vendors for development
- Facilitate timely communication with internal and external parties between US office, suppliers and manufacturers
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned
- BS degree in Product Development, Cost Engineer, or related field, with minimally 6 years of relative hands-on experience of Sportswear development / sourcing experience
- Experience working for a US global company with international offices working with factories throughout Asia
- Technical product knowledge, strong communication and problem solving skills
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop others
- Detail minded and strong communication skills
- Proficient in product line management (PLM), data bases, and MS Office applications
- Advanced Excel skills
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multitask, and punctual in meeting deadlines
- Willing and able to travel extensively, often to foreign and/or remote locations
- Must be able to translate market right designs into cost effective garments while maintaining quality and integrity of product
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and tasks in a fast-paced environment. Strong sense of urgency and intuitive sense of priorities and accuracy
- Strong command of written and spoken English and Thai is required
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.