The Product Owner has two main components:
• A product development role, defining and implementing Wave Money app functionalities following a Human Centred Design approach
• A “growth hacking” role, using analytics and insights to improve existing features and customer journeys, implement new ones and define tactical campaigns to drive customer acquisition and activity
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Defines and implements the functional roadmap for Wave Money mobile applications, which include Customer App, Agent App, Shop locator and potentially other apps – this includes the implementation of main functionalities which are dictated by the broader roadmap (Bill Payment, Savings, Loyalty, etc.) as well as more tactical features and UX improvements
• Project manages app delivery cycles
• Leads app-related service design activities for Wave Money apps
• Acts as a single point of contact for app development company and design resources; is fully involved in development sprints with the role of “application owner” and guides implementation and design choices
• Ensures quality of deliveries by leading UAT and FUT phases
• Responsible for current and new app distribution channels (store, web, POS, partner portal/devices)
• In charge of app upgrades and go-live coordination on all channels
• Is in charge of app analytics strategy (choosing tools, defining and owning KPIs, implementing analytics) and reporting
• Works closely with BI team to integrate app analytics to global BI/Data framework
• Works closely with Marketing team to propose campaign ideas, align on roadmaps and provide feedback on campaign effectiveness
• Experiments campaigns and new features with A/B testing, makes recommendation to the business
• Marginally, also owns the USSD channel
Experience, Functional Skills and Knowledge Areas
Functional and Technical Competencies:
• Strong project management skills
• Solid experience in Business Analytics
• Experience in Service Design
• Willingness to experiment, learn new ways of working and new and technologies
• Strong strategic and analytical skills combined with consultancy skills and robust understanding of the business planning cycle and processes;
• Strong business acumen, including a good understating of market trends and customers in the market
• Ability to translate analytics into actionable strategic recommendations and capacity to effectively communicate complex information and concepts to different types of audiences;
• Ability to partner successfully with Leadership Team, quickly building trust and credibility by setting a high visible example of professional excellence;
• Strong influencing skills, ability to lead work in a virtual and multi-cultural environment, often without direct line authority; Ability to lead teams assertively;
• Complex project management leadership skills and problem solving approach;
• Understands the operating environment and its business drivers across the market.
• Understands quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
• Proven ability to connect, integrate and distil analysis and data into a meaningful interpretation to drive strategic recommendations and enable commercial decision making. Capable of describing relevant caveats in data or in a model and how they relate to business question.
• Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands and deal with ambiguity.
• Displays leadership behaviors in all interactions.
Technical skills and competencies:
• Fluent in English language (written and spoken)
• App Analytics (Google Analytics, Google Play Developer Console, other tools)
• XL Master
• Customer Segmentation
• Campaign management and follow-up
• Educated to degree level or advanced degree in Sciences/ Quantitative field preferred.
About Our Company
Wave Money is a joint venture between Telenor and Yoma Bank to provide accessible, safe and convenient mobile financial services via a nationwide agent network or via a wave account on your phone.
Wave Money offers you instant, safe and convenient way of sending and receiving money, bringing financial inclusion to all.
Together, we will empower communities, improve people’s lives, and help grow Myanmar’s economy.