Product Security at Zendesk is a globally distributed team of passionate, motivated and focused application security specialists. We understand how to build applications securely and enjoy crafting creative approaches to scale security either through automation, education or secure design. As a rapidly growing team, we have an opportunity for you, an engineer, to join us. If you're passionate about application security, understand how to build applications securely or enjoy designing creative approaches to scale security through automation, this could be a great next step in your career.
Our customer service and engagement products are powerful and flexible, and scale to meet the needs of over 150,000 businesses. We are the champions of customer service and the security team at Zendesk brings confidence to how we do it. On the Zendesk Product Security team, we develop and build processes and tools that allow us to make the right, secure decisions for our customers and bake security into our products. We partner with our engineers to prioritise security during the entire software development lifecycle and provide them the tools and programs to do so, including a mature bug bounty program, a vibrant Security Champions program, regular and in-depth security reviews, static/dynamic testing tooling and vulnerability lifecycle management.
What You Get To Do Every Day
What You Bring To The Role
- Secure our customer-facing applications;
- Validate identified vulnerabilities and drive them through the lifecycle;
- Automate and integrate security tooling into CI/CD pipelines at scale;
- Evaluate, implement and operationalise additional tooling as needed;
- Improve quality and signal-to-noise ratio of security tooling;
- Partner with Zendesk Engineering to perform security reviews and drive improving security controls across our product portfolio;
- Work in a team-orientated, fast-paced, global, and flexible environment.
Nice To Have
- A team-first, collaborative approach.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and self-motivated to learn and upskill regularly.
- One to two years application security experience, either in an offensive or defensive role,
- Knowledge of modern web application technologies including their security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Programming experience involving real world development. The choice of language is up to you
- Experience with agile development processes while collaborating in a fast-paced environment with continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience with static analysis and software composition analysis tools.
- Strong understanding of AWS products and services.
About Zendesk - Champions Of Customer Service
- Security certifications such as OSCP, CISSP, GWEB, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC
- CVE’s, participation in bug bounties or security competitions.
- Involvement in local or regional security user groups or conferences
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more
about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.