Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Join the Genomics team in Agilent's Diagnostics and Genomics Group. The market for Agilent's Genomics products continues to enjoy significant growth through the invention, development and launch of high value products as well as the acquisition and integration of new technologies.
In a direct sales role as a Genomics Product Specialist, you will be responsible for driving direct sales and supporting channel partners of Agilent Technologies Genomics products in the research and clinical space within the territory; Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand & Vietnam (SMTV). You will be reporting directly to the regional head of sales in the South East Asia Pacific, Japan, Korea (SAJK) region and together with our Field Application Scientist (FAS) you will be based in Singapore where you will use your excellent technical sales track record to focus on developing/growing existing accounts and acquiring new customers. As a Genomics Product Specialist, you will be expected to develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell complex genomics solutions and drive clinical projects to high level contacts within this highly competitive marketplace.
- Driving sales of high-performance genomic products and services in the territory.
- Partner with Channel Account Managers to provide assistance with demonstrations, seminars and roadshows and negotiations.
- Effectively find and close new prospect and opportunities in existing and new accounts.
- Drive with your local FAS direct clinical projects within major Clinical and Pharma Partnerships: Panel design, iteration / validation, IVD registration and final commercialization.
- Develop and maintain strategic buying relationships with customers and manage the overall relationship with accounts.
- Focus on strategic NGS products applications (including nucleic acid and protein QC instruments) and solutions in strategic accounts across territory.
- Contribute to developing effective strategies and tactics (with the regional sales and technical team) that will enable Agilent & channel partners to gain market share.
- Provide constructive feedback from customers' point of view to help guide continual development of products that more effectively address customer needs.
- Participate and be an active member in regional discussion groups and forums.
- Understand Genomics in the Basic and Clinical Research, Academic, Government/Not-for-Profit, Molecular Diagnostics and Pharmaceutical industries and recognize trends that impact buying of Agilent products.
- Provide remote product specialist support to Channel Partner Manager for Agilent Diagnostics and Genomics Group in South East Asia.
- Master's degree or PhD in a Life Sciences discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 - 5 years related direct life science product sales experience with NGS & Genomics technologies with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling Genomics reagent portfolios and capital equipment in clinical genetics, as well as clinical and life science research laboratories.
- Demonstrated track record of hunting and evaluating new accounts, collaborations and market spaces and successfully selling NGS solutions against a quota.
- Solid self-management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work within a team selling environment with external and internal organizations.
- Ability to interface at all levels within an organization with both internal/external customers.
- Demonstrated commercial selling skills. Strong business development and sales closing skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication and can drive sales through WebEx & telephone.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time to meet key customers, attend conferences and meetings across SMTV.
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer.