Cloudera is looking globally to advance Cloudera’s services and training business as we grow the first enterprise data cloud – unlocking the power of any data, running in any cloud from the Edge to AI, on a 100% open-source data platform. An enterprise data cloud supports both hybrid and multi-cloud deployments, providing enterprises with the flexibility to perform machine learning and analytics with their data, sales their way, with no lock-in.
The Professional Services & Training Business Development Executive role, which closely teams with our Field Sales Organization, is chartered with selling Cloudera's Professional Services and Training (PS&T) in their respective geo/business by developing client leads, supporting the sales process, advising leadership on PS&T strategy, and championing PS&T in their geo/industry or regional business.
Acting as the PS&T subject matter expert for the business, this role leverages their understanding of industry trends, industry contacts, and PS&T capabilities to advise prospective clients, internal sales teams, and internal marketing teams on PS&T value and pricing, as well as support the generation of the services sales pipeline and the pre-sales process. This person relies on their experience, perseverance and business judgement to build and grow the PS&T pipeline, driving year-over-year growth in line with revenue and booking goals.
You should be comfortable working with business, technical, and senior management stakeholders and also comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes high-stress environment. A key aspect to success in the role is persistence: forming relationships of trust, anticipating customer/industry needs, developing and championing strategies for growing the PS&T pipeline.
Lastly, your role, besides over-achieving your Services and Training Bookings targets, is to drive net new business by teaming with the Field Organization to help accelerate Cloudera’s strategy to drive customers to the cloud and ARR growth. Having proven experience and success managing large complex deal pursuits is highly desirable.
You will develop and execute a strategic and comprehensive business plan for driving PS&T sales within your business, including, identifying core customers and mapping the benefits of Cloudera’s PS&T to each of those customer’s business requirements. You will strive to understand the customer’s organizational structure, Cloudera's industry objectives, and work to achieve alignment of sales, marketing, and PS&T delivery. You will take responsibility for accurate PS&T booking forecasting and facilitation of PS&T enablement. Furthermore, you’ll coach partners, sales staff, and delivery staff by accessing resources within Cloudera to support them on specific opportunities, with the goal of building sufficient capacity to meet the customer ’ s demand for Cloudera-related services.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop detailed sales/marketing plans and strategic objectives
- Participate in industry events relevant to their respective vertical
- Manage time and workflow and create effective call plans
- Monitor competition and respond immediately and appropriately
- Demonstrate a bias for action focused on people, process, partners and customers
- Build and maintain a collaborative working relationship with Sales and Solutions Engineering leadership
- Lead and inspire and persuasively communicate ideas, overcome obstacles, lead people and compel partners
- Focus on establishing strong, long-lasting customer and partner relationships that drive engagement and incremental sales
- Work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to make an immediate impact
- Display high energy and the ability to achieve success in complex environments
- Experience as a successful services seller within the software/cloud/data infrastructure landscape
- Proven track record of consistently surpassing sales quotas
- Minimum 6-8+ years of experience in Management Consulting/Professional Services/Training selling
- Addressing identified customer’s business problems with correctly scoped Professional Services offerings
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment
- Business Development experience with Big Data, Open Source Applications, Enterprise Application Integration, Professional Services, Database and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products preferred
- MA/MS or equivalent educational background preferred
- Industry vertical experience and contacts, including FSI, Telecommunications, Technology, or Government
- A commitment to excellence and integrity
- Self-starter mentality and collaborative problem solver
- Strategic thinking skills with an emphasis on innovation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and excellent analytical skills
- An entrepreneurial approach to solving problems
- Willingness to travel up to 50% post-COVID