Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in USD.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has an office established in Myanmar in late 2013. The PATH Myanmar Country Program is currently implementing a broad portfolio of activities on a range of health issues including nutrition, vaccines and immunization systems strengthening, and sexual and reproductive health. Our current projects in Myanmar include the introduction of fortified rice, technical assistance to the government on vaccine introduction, developing and implementing national guidelines and policies on sexual and reproductive health and rights, and immunization waste management systems strengthening.
PATH Myanmar is currently recruiting for a Program Coordinator position based in Nay Pyi Taw for Myanmar Country Program.
Under the overall guidance of Country Director and direct supervision of Director of Infectious Diseases and Program Leader for Family Health, the Program Coordinator will have the following responsibilities
- Establish an effective communication system for PATH to carry out external and internal relation activities and new business development
- Coordinate with respective MOHS departments on PATH activities and Department of FDA
- Oversee the process of advocacy and courtesy calls to high level authorities from the Country Representative and/or PATH regional/HQ staff/ technical advisors; Provide regular visits to donors and UN counterparts in Nay Pyi Taw on behalf of PATH country representative and program managers
- Represent PATH to provide advocacy and policy support to respective program staff in central government and donor meetings conducted in Nay Pyi Taw
- Represent PATH country representative to attend ad hoc embassy receptions and government meetings
- Assist the Country Director the annual reports submission to the Ministry of Health and Sports; advocate and coordinate with relevant departments and ministries for timely approval of submitted PATH correspondence. Collaborate closely with global advocacy and policy leaders to provide updated advocacy and policy window for new business development
- Serves as resource person to support MoHS in developing tools, guidelines, conducting relevant workshops, trainings in priority areas
- Support in translation of evidence into policies and guidelines
- Monitor and analyze health related policy developments at the global level and within ministries of health, social welfare and trade, and develop and disseminate updates for internal and external audiences
- Provide technical assistance for PATH and sub-grantees in Myanmar, including advocacy strategy development; review of and feedback on key advocacy documents; agenda setting; trouble-shooting; consultant and contract management; and work plan development
- Develop advocacy capacity building tools by adapting existing PATH advocacy tools, toolkits, and auxiliary materials
- Communicate from PATH to MoHS and vice versa on related projects and relevant programs, advocate on PATH activities
- Coordinate and supervise PATH’s regular reporting to IRD, MOHS and respective ministries and to project partners as required
- Engage with program leads and the country representative to receive respective support letters from relevant ministry departments/units for new projects proposals, procurement and tax exemptions as relevant, and visa application and TA (Travel Authorization) for International staff site visits
- Inform and provide advice/suggestions to PATH Responsible Program Managers (RPMs) on changing policies and guidelines from government and ministerial procedures that are necessary for smooth implementation of PATH project activities
- Provide inputs to content on PATH Myanmar advocacy, including policy reports, policy briefs, fact sheets, and blogs
- University degree in medicine (MBBS) or public health/epidemiology/research
- Fluency in both Burmese and English
- Excellent Computer skills, knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word/Excel, PowerPoint presentation etc., Workable skills in daily use of Modern Information Technology (internet, emails)
- Good understanding of Ministerial and Local government procedures and processes
- Progressive experience in coordination and communication with MoHS, partners and related stakeholder in health
- Willingness to travel in the project implementation sites
- Good analytical skills
Must have legal authorization to work in Myanmar.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.