Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of related work experience managing cross-functional projects.
- Experience with facility electrical and mechanical systems.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical field.
- 6 years of experience with data center equipment and environments, including switchgear, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, and fire safety systems.
- Experience in green field construction projects and managing vendor relationships.
- Ability to lead diverse teams and achieve objectives on schedule and within budget.
- Excellent requirement gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, problem-solving, and scheduling skills.
About The Job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Program Manager, you will lead and manage a team, delivering data centers, computer farms, networking, AC power distribution and conversion, and cooling methods at various levels. You will manage schedules, budgets, and broad inter-dependencies.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage data center construction and delivery organization for projects and scope related to construction projects or improvement projects in existing facilities, utilizing internal and outsourced resources.
- Oversee the development of master plans, basis of design, detail design, construction, successful commissioning, close out, and transfer to operations, ensuring safety, cost, schedule, quality goals, and customer demands are being met.
- Collaborate with the Global Design and Construction team; develop and implement regional and local construction methodology.
- Develop and implement a vendor management program to measure and track external service provider performance.
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams to achieve program goals for the project; encourage teams to drive safety culture and processes.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .