HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare—now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual for a Program Manager who manages an account(s) or significant project(s). Responsible for the client relationship. Manages budget and revenue expectations and the implementation and ongoing execution of the contract. Works closely with account management team on generating sales opportunities and with the operations team on successful delivery of HMS services to the client.
- Prepares, monitors, and manages budget and revenue expectations for assigned client(s).
- Works with client(s) to develop project approach and implementation plans.
- Oversees development and implementation.
- Reports to management on progress toward business goals.
- Communicates/interfaces regularly with client(s).
- Directs HMS contract operations to ensure successful delivery of services to client(s).
- Identifies sources of revenue.
- Builds relationships with internal and external staff to ensure client expectations are being met.
- Manages client relationship; responsible for ensuring client satisfaction.
- Identifies sales opportunities and assists the account management team with successful close of sale (including proposal development process)
- Monitors state legislative, regulatory, and competitive environment and alerts management to risks and opportunities.
- May supervise additional account management staff (i.e. Account Specialist.)
- Supports collaboration between account management team and operations staff.
- Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to be careful and thorough about detail.
- Ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze information and use logic and process to address work-related issues and problems.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and follow up skills.
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate.
- Ability to manage expectations, resolve problems, and develop opportunities.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and company databases.
Work Conditions And Physical Demands
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
- May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
- Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum Related Work Experience
In lieu of degree, 2 years relevant work experience required with experience in one of the following areas preferred:
- Health insurance
- Client service/business to business,
- Healthcare policy
- Industry with high level of compliance (i.e. finance)
- Claims experience or audit experience preferred
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
HMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer who offers a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a disable veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
Feb 1, 2021, 7:24:10 AM