As an advocate for change you will enable VMware to be increasingly accessible to People with Disabilities, supporting the operational management of Asia Pacific wide Diversity & inclusion programs focused on hiring and retaining people with disabilities and driving support and training initiatives around creating an inclusive workplace. Working with Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, regional business stakeholders, specialist agencies and educational institutions focused on inclusion of People with Disabilities, you will create programs to support hiring, training and retention efforts. Working closely with our Education and Accessibility teams, you will ensure we have a robust and repeatable training program adjusted to specific disabilities. You will closely align with our Communications and Social Media teams, building communications strategy for our programs.
Initially focusing on China, Korea & Japan,this role will scale across APAC.
Job Role And Responsibilities
- Work with communities and foundations focused on empowering People with Disabilities to identify talent and positively leverage accessibility technologies to enable the best flexible working environment for candidates.
- Manage key external stakeholder relationships by building strong partnerships with relevant institutions across Asia Pacific and Japan for example (& not limited to) Visually Impaired, Hearing Impaired, Mental Health Disability, Cognitive Disability, Learning Disability, Physical Disability schools & institutions
- Work with Talent Acquisition to build and manage disability focused hiring programs in region
- Drive discussion and support business in rethinking job roles to make an inclusive workplace
- Project Manage and provide regular dashboard update to key stakeholders
- Ability to make decisions/recommendations based on changing requirements/needs based on the needs of the initiative
- Develop success criteria and build mechanisms to track & report
- Report progress every month on the KPIs defined with key stakeholders at a regional level
- Engage with the steering committee members to work across different workstreams like go-to-market, web and content delivery, education services, talent acquisition groups, HR, Legal & IT
- Use targeted thinking to prioritize initiatives and help to drive sustainable change
- Cascade messaging, training, and updates on processes within region from the Disability POD
- Work with Marketing and Communications to create thought leadership platforms to drive awareness and affect hiring of people with disabilities
- Make decisions/recommendations based on changing requirements/needs based on the needs of the initiative
- Strong partnership with regional disability PODs
- Be an advocate for VMware to customer/partners, advocating change and acceptance in the IT industry
- Mentor, lead by example and be an advocate for People with Disabilities both internally and externally
- Publish real-life stories and example People with Disabilities so that they are inspired to join us, and stay with us
Skills And Qualifications
- Passionate about equality of People with Disability in the workplace
- Experience in working with and supporting groups of People with Disabilities
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with key partners, including both internal senior management and external business partners
- Experience in Project management and driving projects from start to finish
- Fluency in Chinese/ Japanese will be a useful skill for this role
Reporting Manager: This role will report into the Head of Communications and Special Projects, APJ
- The role is flexible in Asia Pacific Time zone and may be based in Singapore, China, Korea or Japan and is an opportunity to working remotely
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Project Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.