- Are you passionate about protecting and promoting digital rights in Myanmar?
- Do you have a strong background in internet policy, public policy and/or legal research?
- Are you excited to bring positive impacts of technology and digital transformation in Myanmar?
- Do you want to use your skills and knowledge to advocate for legal reform, to conduct research, to organize meetups, training and workshops to support the community?
Our client is looking for a talented community person to serve as its Digital Rights Program Manager. The Digital Rights Program Manager will be responsible for implementing digital rights activities including conducting research, legal and policy analysis and organizing advocacy trips, public campaigns, workshops and training with the Digital Rights Social Impact Program.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead implementation of SIDA digital rights activities by developing detailed work plans and coordinating the work of other implementing partners
- Lead coordination and communication with the implementing partners in planning and implementing SIDA activities to ensure activities are implemented in line with compliances and SIDA’s requirements
- Plan and organise large events, workshops and trainings including Myanmar Digital Rights Forums
- Develop research plan and lead research activities for digital rights issues in Myanmar
- Support in accurate and timely activities reporting by drafting reports for donors.
- Develop expense reports and payment requests
- Coordinate with Finance team in managing project budgets
- Collaborate with Lead Evaluation and Monitoring Activities in line with the SIDA’s requirements work closely with internal teams, implementing partners, key stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with Phandeeyar and SIDA’s policies and procedures
Research, Advocacy and External Communications:
- Monitor digital rights issues and policy development in Myanmar
- Support in identifying issues for advocacy, research, training and campaign activities
- Contribute to translating materials, drafting advocacy reports, press release, public statements, open letters and engaging with external key stakeholders
- Represent Phandeeyar in meetings with different stakeholders
- Contribute to Phandeeyar’s strategy on digital rights issues
Highly organized – You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects with limited supervision, often on tight timelines, and you have excellent attention to detail.
Passionate about technology and data – You should be very comfortable with datasets. You are passionate about continually learning new skills in technology, data science and data visualization.