Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International has been working in Myanmar since 2008 to advance child and youth development work, especially girls’ rights. We believe in the power and potential of every child. This is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. Its girls who are most affected. Plan International’s new Global Strategy aims to transform the lives of 100 million girls by implementing an integrated programme and influence approach.
The Director Programme Development & Learning is a key leadership position for Plan International Myanmar and is a core member of the country management team. The role provides leadership in the development of quality programs and its resource diversification strategy, leads programme learning taking responsibility for thought leadership, evidence generation, donor relations, and the development of our new partnership vision, a vision that is central for the success of the Country Strategy.
The post holder will lead convening and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams for the development of quality programme with strong learning agendas as well as leading the developing grants proposals for fulfilling the country strategy ambition and its value proposition.
Do you have what it takes?
· Director Programme Development & Quality is a member of the Country Management Team and is expected to contribute to Plan International’s programme design, ensuring its quality and setting strategic direction for Plan International Myanmar’s programmes in the country.
· S/he leads and supervises the business development, monitoring, evaluation, research and learning, partnership development and providing leadership to the programme technical leads.
· S/he leads donor engagement with necessary due diligence and risk management.
· S/he plays a leadership role in programme development a, ensuring that Plan International Myanmar programmes are evidence-based and support positioning of Plan International as a thought leader on issues of girls and young women in the country.
· The Director Programme Development and Quality spearheads the development and coordination of Plan International Myanmar’s Influencing and Partnership Strategy and will ensure that a robust learning framework exists to support partnership journey.
· S/he strongly collaborates and works with the Director of Programme Implementation, Director of Finance & Operations, Director of Human Resource & Admin and the Country Director for all programme needs.
· S/he oversees the management of team budget.
· S/he provides leadership and capacity building support for gender transformative programming while ensuring advocacy/influencing coherence at local, national, and global levels to maximize Plan’s impact.
To find out more about the role and person specification please click on the below link: https://planinternational.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/planetapps/Operations/HROD/Talent_Acquisition/EZSTahGXMUhFurnCUd3seOMBXcptxx0YpKcPZxzPN3E1Vg?e=UKfX7C
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Type of Role: 3-year FTC
Reports to: Country Director
Closing Date: 7th December 2021
Anticipated 1st round interview: week commencing 13th December
Start date: February 2022
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.