A leading Real Estate / Development company in Myanmar is hiring a Senior Project Manager to manage multiple construction projects concurrently with limited involvement from a Project Director. They are the single point of contact and responsibility for the Employer.
The Senior Project Manager is capable of managing the full extent of their construction projects including the design processes, Client approvals, contract administration, cost management and construction works on multiple sites concurrently.
Key Areas of Responsibility;
- Procurement: Plans the procurement strategy, procurement schedule and actual implementation of the procurement of all works and services.
- Design Management & Approvals: Manages and co-ordinates Design Consultants and Contractors with design responsibility so that the design (Drawings and Specifications) can be procured, start and finish on time.
- Reporting: Prepares and presents Monthly Reports for all projects to accurately record and communicate key issues on the status of a project including progress / schedule, cost / budget and quality.
- Managing Contractors & Contract Administration: Proactively and professionally manages and monitors Contractor's work for compliance with budget, schedule, quality, safety and overall conformance with the various agreed Contracts.
- Quality Focus: Is accountable for the quality of the physical works, finishes and operation of the construction project in line with the drawings, specifications and Yoma Land standards.
- Customer Focus: Ensures that the Customer's needs as the ultimate owner of the project are understood, respected and delivered.
- Learning Focus: Proactively implements a culture of learning within the project management team and Contractors.
- Team Focus: Leads teams, encourages teamwork within an environment that lives by and delivers the 7 focus points.
- Innovation Focus: Ensures that members of project teams, Contractors and Consultants understand that a focus on innovation is a core value of the company and is being applied to projects in a tangible way.
- Accountability Focus: Applies the company focus on accountability at a project level by acknowledging reality, owning problems, finding solutions and making them happen.
- Health, Safety and Environment: Ensures that all Contractors and members of the PM team understands and implements all EHS standards, obligations and reporting requirements.
- Authorities: Manages the Project's Authority requirements, obtains permits, approvals and licenses and ensures all are secured with sufficient time to allow the project to commence and complete on time.
- Time, Progress, Planning: Is responsible and accountable for the project finishing on time.
- HR & Recruitment: Sets goals for each staff member and assists / supports / mentors key members of staff to achieve those goals.
- Cost Control: Is responsible and accountable for the project finishing on or below the approved budget. Is the single point of contact and responsibility for the Customer for cost control.
Qualifications Requirements (Skills and Experience):
- Proven Project Management experience in the Construction industry.
- A team player with leadership ability.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and Project Management principles.
- Familiarity with Environmental, Quality and Health and Safety standards.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
- Good knowledge of construction planning processes and software including MS Project and / or Primavera P6.
- Familiarity with construction / project management software would be of benefit.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- BSc/BA in Engineering, Architecture or other relevant field.
- Project Management certification would be an advantage.
- Has the ability to manage 2 or more construction projects at the same time.