Duty Station : Sittwe, Rakhine State
Report to : Project Manager – Protection-GBV
Reporting for : 6 Assistants and 2 Officers
The GBV Program Team leader conduct regular field visits and will be expected to perform the following duties:
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP:
- Lead the activity implementation of all Gender Based Violence prevention activities carried out in the 8 Women and Girls Centers in villages and camps in Sittwe and Pauktaw
- Oversee the sound implementation of the Gender Based Violence prevention curriculum, the sexual and reproductive health education and PSS activities in the Women and Girls Centers
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of the Gender Based Violence program activities throughout the duration of the projects
- Provide technical support and oversight to all the Gender Based Violence prevention team
- Supervise GBV officers, and ensure they comply with their duties and responsibilities
- Complete donor quarterly reports and draft sections of the GBV project proposals
- Monitor that project expenditure is on track as per the project budget and spending plans
TECHNICAL OVERSIGHT AND STAFF CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT IN GENDER BASED VIOLENCE GUIDELINES
- Support GBV team members and center based staff in capacity building, GBV prevention activites
- Direct the planning and roll out of all psychosocial activities in 7 monasteries in Mrauk and 7 women and girls center
- Support the GBV manager in the harmonization of tools, resources, activities and methodologies across Rakhine state
- Identify gaps and capacity building needs of GBV team members and field based staff
- Inform and support the GBV manager in identifying context based information to draft context specific activities, awareness sessions and curricula implemented in the Women and Girls Centers.
GENDER BASED VIOLENCE PREVENTION PROGRAM OVERSIGHT:
- Supervise GBV prevention officers to ensure that they comply with their duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical supervision and support to GBV team members awareness raising, focus group discussions (FGD) and other community engagement activities
- Help the GBV team in strategizing locations of the emergency response, and deciding topics on GBV prevention to be rolled out in each of the women centers
- Collaborate in the development of curricula, tools and other resources for awareness raisings, FGDs, women empowerment activities, support groups and community dialogue
- Draft and produce IEC material in collaboration with GBV officers and GBV Manager.
- Supervise all prevention assistants and officers- Complete Performance Evaluations,
- s, leave trackers and other DRC tools
- Support GBV Manager in writing
- s, publish vacancies, interviewing candidates and follow up on recruitment process for GBV officers and assistants as needed
- Support GBV manager in the recruitment of GBV officers and GBV assistants as needed
- Evaluate the performance of GBV officers every 6 months
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- University (BA/BSc) degree in relevant field.
- 3 years' relevant experience working the humanitarian or development organization, with excellent references. At least 2 years working for women protection and or empowerment required
- Previous experience in working with communities, raising awareness and providing services
- Experience in facilitating group activities
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving gender equality, promoting women leadership and eliminating discrimination and violence against women
- Willingness to serve women affected by violence on the basis of need regardless of their ethnic background. Specifically, prepared to work with both Rakhine Buddhist and Muslim communities.
- Proven leadership skills and experience supervising staff
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in Burmese and English. Additional local languages would be an asset.
- Understanding of operational context in Rakhine State.
- Experience in reproductive health
- English written and spoken
- Starting date of employment: (as soon as possible).
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) and apply button.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted for a written test in English and a face to face interview.
- After closing date, applications are not to be considered.
Deadline for submission of applications: 21 July-2020
Please be noted that due to the urgency of the position, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates may be invited to test/interview before this date.