- We are seeking a Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
- The Communications Manager will be responsible for internal and external communications for Wave Money. He/she will develop and disseminate messaging to maintain a consistent flow of information with the company’s stakeholders, including media.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop and implement Marketing Communications Plan for internal/external strategies, goals, budget and tactics,
- Develop a media relations strategy, seeking high level exposure and placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Assist with the development of marketing and brand communications to all relevant stakeholders
- Regularly conduct reviews of existing communications and implement changes to maximize impact
- Advise staff on communications and media engagement and effectiveness
- Implement systems for evaluating the effectiveness of communication activities
- Manage Social Media pages to engage audiences online
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations for C-level executives
- Monitor, analyze, communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Act as contact for and coordinate, manage media inquiries, interviews and info requests. This may involve telephone calls out of hours, including early morning and evening calls and/or weekend calls
- Advise on, write and edit media releases, opinion articles and other articles and pitch these materials to appropriate media, including by proactively identifying opportunities
- Interact with KOLs and manage shoots for comm campaigns.
- Cultivate relationships with journalists, including TV, radio, print media and online journalists
- Develop and maintain a database and email distribution lists of relevant media contacts
- Act as a Wave Money media spokesperson when required
- Manage Wave Money’s website including sourcing content and working with inhouse and outsourced vendors as required
- Manage Wave Money’s LinkedIn and Twitter accounts as a channel to disseminate information
- Coordinate content, editing, publication and distribution of stakeholder publications
- Assist in preparing other publications, such as factsheets, reports and submissions
- Manage company Newsletter - develop content ideas, work with stakeholders to get required information, prepare and send out to staff
- Providing editing support and strategic advice
Public relations and events
- Develop high quality press releases, press kits and other related materials
- Work with agencies to plan and manage press conferences and general events that involve media coverage together with other staff, coordinate seminars, events and launches
- Proactively identify media and press opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities for sponsorship, partnerships and advertising for ongoing basis
- Undertake administrative tasks as required in a small team
- Perform other duties as directed and necessary to the proper performance of the role
Experience, Functional Skills and Knowledge Areas
- Proven working experience in PR required, at least 5-year work experience in a management role in communications/PR.
- Previous working experience in an international organization is an advantage or agency is an advantage
- BA/MA degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related discipline preferred
- Proven track record in designing and executing successful public relations campaigns
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson, comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Experience in strategic planning, result-oriented based management and reporting.
- Experience developing and executing a communications strategy
- Exposure to C-level management
- Ability to work effectively in conflict situations and under pressure.
- Metric and ROI focused and solid experience with social media including Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.
- Event Planning Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills