We believe AI will be as fundamental to creativity in the future as the pencil was in the past. We're building the world's first machine generated creative platform.
This is important to us for two big reasons. First, if AI can help with the small ideas, humans can focus on the big ideas, and we think the world really needs big ideas right now. Second, if AI can come up with ideas humans wouldn't have otherwise, we might just change the world.
About The Role
Creative software today is deterministic. You push pixels or press keys one at a time. Our AI platform understands branding, writes language, generates video and predicts potential outcomes automatically and collaboratively.
This means highly complex interactions and scenarios as well as a highly subjective user experience.
We're looking for QA Engineers excited to QA a system reliant on multiple complex algorithms. You will need to ensure the platform delivers results in a space where user perceptions and quality assessments are often subjective. You will take pride and ownership of the QA process in order to deliver a highly satisfying and delightful experience for users.
- Working closely with the business team and the engineering team to understand upcoming functionality
- Understand requirements, design comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Report and track defects, prepare test plan report, update automation tests and sign off on releases
- Help define, implement and drive adoption of QA best practices and processes
- Support other test areas including performance, load, security and manual testing
- Your KPIs will be linked to the following:
- Number of post-release unknown bugs reported by users or team
- Time to qualify or approve a release candidate for release
- Proportion of platform functionality covered by automation tests
- Have 5-7 years as Quality Assurance Engineer
- Extensive experience in automation testing for SaaS platforms
- Extensive experience in Selenium and Python
- Deep understanding of the testing pyramid and how to properly balance unit, integration, acceptance and e2e tests
- Experience in Security Testing/Performance Testing is an advantage
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Commitment to Pencil's purpose (to generate the unexpected ideas that get results) and values (Expand Human Potential, Deliver the Unexpected, Simplify, Test Learn Test, Disagree then Commit)
- Work at the cutting edge of AI, advertising and social media, industries that will underpin cultural events in the next decade
- Participate in early-employee ESOP
- Sponsored professional and personal learning
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- WeWork "All Access" membership to work anywhere
- Top-end Apple hardware
Pencil is a Creative AI company on a mission to generate unexpected ideas that get results. Pencil generates ads that learn to perform, delivering the return on ad spend that helps brands scale their businesses.
Pencil invented Machine Generated Creative (MGC), a new way of making ads that algorithmically optimises for creative novelty, brand relevance and return on advertising spend. It always starts from a human brief and it always involves total human editorial control. Pencil's MGC platform generates ads in minutes and has been shown to generate ads that double returns for brands.
Pencil was founded in 2018 with a team from Google, Facebook and Uber and is backed by Sequoia, Wavemaker Partners, Singapore Innovate and Entrepreneur First.
For further information visit https://www.trypencil.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram.