The QA and release manager role plays an important part in Brew's delivery process. You'll be responsible for conducting tests before releases to ensure software runs smoothly and meets the projects needs.
You'll be working closely with developers to create well-structured test automation scripts, keep them up-to-date and track their executions.
Ultimately, we want to automate our UI and acceptance tests; we expect you to team up with product, design, development teams and coordinate all related activities.
We expect you to;
- Review requirements, specifications and business analysis documents to provide feedback,
- Create a comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases,
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities, make the go, no-go decisions for releases,
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved,
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs,
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts,
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in the field,
- Bachelors degree in engineering, or prior experience in software development, business analysis or UI/UX design.
- Experience with agile quality assurance and project management practices,
- Excellent understanding of UX practices; you immediately see if a UI design is poorly implemented, or not working as it should,
- Good understanding of BDD, TDD and similar quality focused development approaches,
- Good command of SQL and CLI/GUI tools (Postman, JMeter, cURL etc.) to interact with remote services.
Nice to haves and soft skills;
- Understanding of browser automation tools and test automation libraries,
- Knowledge on version control (Git), build tools, CI/CD, containerization (Docker), and ability to survive the Linux command line,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Learner for life, self-motivated, self-purposed, self-starter,
- Good command of written and verbal English; we expect you to participate in conversations with international clients over Zoom, Slack, etc.,
- Completed your military service.