Pangaea builds & distributes premium, international-first consumer brands directly to customers around the world. We are a fast growing startup based in Los Angeles with a common goal of building ultra-quality products at a fraction of luxury prices.
This role will establish and maintain robust Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC) processes in support of all brands under Pangaea. Working cross-functionally with Production, Procurement, and Product Development teams, this role will ensure product specifications, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and cGMPs are in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Develop process and conduct regular inspection of incoming components, works in progress, and finished goods across brands
- Develop process and maintain Quality Assurance / Quality Control on finished goods to ensure products are within specification
- Develop process and conduct lot/batch tracking on finished goods, ensuring that recordkeeping on lot/batch level is maintained
- Develop processes and conduct product analysis and sample testing by third party laboratories to validate finished product quality
- Develop and cGMPs, Standard Operating Procedures, and Quality procedures Assist to ensure compliance with all regulatory standards and systems
- Work with warehouse management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
- Work with warehouse personnel in recommending quality control testing, equipment sanitation and general sanitation and housekeeping practices.
- Partner with third party laboratories to define testing protocols, to ensure products meet required specifications for regulatory compliance, product safety and quality prior to delivery.
- Support Product Development in product validation and in ensuring that new product launches follow all SOPs for regulatory compliance, safety, claims, stability, and packaging compatibility testing.
- Assist in compiling and maintaining regulatory documentation database necessary for domestic and international registration
- 3-5 years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or Regulatory Affairs, preferably in the cosmetic or beauty industry
- BS/BA degree in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Previous experience in fast-growing startup or Direct to Consumer (DTC) brands a plus!
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.