The Company - Soramitsu is a blockchain technology company based in Japan. We are focusing on products for financial markets based on the Hyperledger Iroha blockchain platform. Two main product streams are digital asset management solutions including innovative payment solutions and a digital identity platform that supports transparent and secure exchange of information according to the financial KYC requirements. The company was established in 2016 and currently employs more than 80 people from all over the world.
The role: We are in immediate need of a Quality Assurance Specialist, a very crucial role in our business. We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality application and software. Consequently, we are looking for a dedicated and detail-oriented professional who likes to provide practical solutions.
The quality assurance specialist position is about developing and executing software test plans to identify software problems and their causes while maintaining company standards and preserving product integrity. You will be required to provide ongoing testing to optimize quality of the product and improve the organization’s efficiency and profitability.
- Plan, direct or coordinate quality assurance programs and formulate quality control policies.
- Prepare data sets to test logic, error handling and system workflows.
- Design and implement test plans, scenarios, scripts and procedures.
- Isolate, reproduce, track defects and evaluate impacts.
- Document bugs using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Draft accurate documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Test emerging technologies and internal tools in company.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Identify possible performance- and memory-related issues inside the software code, observe code discrepancies, and recommend changes to the software package.
- Engage in application planning meetings and daily SCRUMs.
- Implement automated test tools.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of pertinent quality testing experience.
- Knowledge of automation test tools.
- Familiar with S/W development cycle and quality assurance methodologies.
- Experience/familiarity with blockchain technologies and cryptocurrency.
Competences And Qualifications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Significant attention to details.
- Maintain a positive attitude while giving and receiving constructive criticism to make improvements and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Honesty and ethic.
- Be open to changes (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the work place.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Flexible 40-hour work week.
- Permanent, full-time position.
- The international team of professionals.
- Possibility to work from offices around the globe.
- Possibility to visit global meetups and conferences for education and/or for giving a speech.
- Quarter bonuses based on productivity.
- In case of relocation to Innopolis, Russia - help with settlement process.
- Relaxed work environment.