We are a seed-stage company developing algorithms, models and software tools for quantum computing. Our mission is doing the best with quantum computers, today. Entropica is a spinoff of Singapore’s Centre for Quantum Technologies, founded in May 2018 by a team of physicists and computer scientists with over 30 years of research experience in quantum and classical computing technologies. We collaborate and work with major quantum hardware manufacturers, including Rigetti Computing, IBM and Microsoft.
Quantum Software Developer Intern
This internship provides a unique opportunity to experience work in one of the most promising areas of advanced computing, exposing the students to novel ideas, concepts and challenges. As founders, we are committed to contributing to the personal growth of our team members, and we actively provide mentorship and training throughout our work.
Responsibilities will be tailored to your experience and preferences. However, since the main objective of the internship is to support the company with quantum software development activities, you can expect they will involve all of the following to some degree:
- Implementing quantum computing algorithms on simulated and real hardware
- Testing and benchmarking of quantum computing workflows
- Supporting the research and development teams with coding tasks
Our ideal candidate is an adaptable, motivated, quick learner, with a passion for asking and answering difficult questions.
- A background in physics, mathematics, machine learning or computer science
- Previous experience with a quantum computing platform (for instance Qiskit, Forest, Pennylane)
- Good coding skills in python (Julia and C++ are a plus)
- Sense of urgency;
- and, most importantly, Curiosity