Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
About the Role:
We understand that mobility is life, and we are looking for a best in class Mobile Engineer to innovate the next generation of on-the-go interface capabilities. We need a highly intelligent and driven engineer that understands both the capabilities and the limitless potential surrounding mobile enterprise communications. You will be part of the team focused on a new kind of interactive, immersive experience that will forever change how things get done wherever anyone is at any time.
- You will be consistently measuring the impact and quality of the app infrastructure and feature additions and augmentations to a React Native app. Note that sometimes this work involves diving into the Android/iOS native side of the codebase
- You’ll have strong input on the direction of product utility and launch while working directly with the experienced startup entrepreneurs leading this project
- Collaborate with our team engineers, designers, product managers, researchers and visual effects engineers. Being an Open Source product, remember that you’ll also be collaborating with our awesome Community Contributors
- Create an engaging and immersive mobile experience that will lead the next generation of mobile communication evolution
- Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- 2+ year experience developing production ready mobile apps with React Native
- 3+ years experience developing for Mobile Applications
- Experience working in a team environment relying on issue tracking and collaboration tools (eg. GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Fogbugz, Trello)
- Can write and maintain clean, readable code that will scale as our team grows
- Be able to work well with a team composed of cross-functional roles
- Be able to proactively communicate well, both written and verbally
- Be a proven builder
- Degree in Computer Science or related
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Belarus - Canada - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
If you would be living and working from a location not listed above, we encourage you to continue to apply so we can be in touch when we are able to hire in your country/region, and we recommend that you frequently check our openings as this list will be updated regularly. In the meantime, you can become a Mattermost Contributor anytime, we would love to see you there!
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
react native|mobile apps