As a Refined Products Principal Analyst at IHS Markit’s Maritime & Trade business line, you will be responsible for playing a key role in developing and maintaining market intelligence and research flow for our Commodities @ Sea Refined Products analytics service that covers a range of markets including Diesel, Fuel Oil, Gasoline, Jet Fuel, LPG and Naphtha, etc. You will be part of a growing team which aims to deliver visibility for our clients into the dynamics of refined products trade flow intelligence, freight markets and the underlying physical trade in liquid bulk commodity markets.
For this role, you will need to possess the ability to:
- Develop global supply and demand balance models for refined products by leveraging your strong understanding of the refining industry and margins, freight dynamics and trade routes and the supply and demand outlook for refined products.
- Deliver clear, concise and actionable analysis and insight through both prepared and improvised client-facing meetings (via web conferences, phone calls or in person) and through written analysis, commentary and interpretation of market events and developing trends.
- Support sales people and product managers in sales meetings by providing commercial, actionable insights to prospects and clients through live demonstrations that leverage your understanding of our suite of commodity analytics products.
- Collaborate with and advise our technical teams on ways to further improve our automated systems’ commodity voyage identification and classification rules and intervene directly when appropriate.
- Contribute to consulting projects for clients in the liquid bulk commodity and freight sectors as needed.
The ideal candidate will also possess a superlative ability to infer the cargo type on a given vessel based on its observed behaviour and have a strong network of relationships across refined products supply chains and data source providers that could be leveraged to further support our product and program.
You will be working in the Maritime & Trade Research & Analytics team, which is part of a globally distributed group of analysts, data scientists and product managers. You will be based either in Singapore or Houston.
Your colleagues are all earnest, capable, hard-working and collaborative professionals with years of experience working either directly in professional roles in industry or serving the industry through roles at information providers.
We ask a lot of each other, deliver a lot to each other and our clients and take great pride in our work.
- 7-10 years of extensive work experience in the oil markets with specialist knowledge in refined products markets gained at oil majors, commodity or trading houses.
- Expert knowledge of market analysis, arbitrage and freight drivers based on strong understanding of macroeconomics.
- Strong comfort working with big data and possess the ability to quickly adapt to the use of new technology applications.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships both internal and external.
An eager team player who demonstrates a strong ownership mentality and independent initiative and who has a demonstrable history of working harmoniously with local and remote intercultural teams
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.For Information Please Click On The Following Links
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.