Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world and hands down one of the greatest places to work from anywhere. We accelerate the future of work beyond borders. Our global work platform simplifies the employer and employee experience through cloud-based workforce management technology, personalized expertise, and unmatched scale. As the largest global Employer of Record (also known as International PEO) in 185 countries and all 50 United States, more than 1,000 brands rely on Velocity Global to build global teams without the cost or complexity of setting up foreign legal entities or state registrations. The company offers additional services including Independent Contractor Compliance to assess a workforce, and Agent of Record (AoR) to streamline payments to contractors. Velocity Global was named a “Leader” in Global Employer of Record services by prominent analyst firm NelsonHall. Founded in 2014, we have hundreds of employees across five continents.
We are currently looking to hire a Regional Finance Senior Associate – APAC. This is a remote position in Singapore. This full-time position is a highly impactful role within our Regional Finance Team offering the successful candidate the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is creating an entirely new category, and is led by a veteran team in this unique industry space. This role calls for someone who is truly “high velocity,” where resourcefulness is key to success. This position is well suited for an analytically minded, detail-oriented, and problem-solving person who loves navigating finance-based challenges and who can assist in the day-to-day finance operations while driving process improvements to increase efficiencies.
The right candidate has a relentless zeal to contribute and should have an affinity towards matters of international growth and employment. There is a constant opportunity for competency development, as the successful candidate will learn and immerse themselves into the unique business model of Velocity Global. This individual will report to the Regional Finance Senior Manager. The position encompasses a broad range of corporate finance roles and responsibilities across the APAC region, including the support of local financial reporting, oversight of daily operations for certain APAC entities, preparation of financial statements, tax returns and other statutory compliance work.
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledgers, accounts receivables and payables of the entities assigned.
- Provide oversight and support the day to day finance operations within APAC Region
- Work with shared service team to process, research and record invoices, payments and expenses
- Prepare/ review monthly account reconciliations and accounting schedules to ensure an accurate and timely month end close process.
- Work with local Vendors to assist in the preparation of local financial statements for relevant assigned entities Work with local Vendors to assist with the preparation and review of Tax filings on a monthly/quarterly basis (including VAT returns and other local taxes)
- Assist with process improvements, automation projects and new legal entity setup across the APAC region
- Special projects based upon the needs of the finance department
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Relevant professional qualification in finance such as CA/ACCA/CPA (fully qualified preferred)
- 4+ years of accounting/finance experience
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Good accounting and tax knowledge and familiar with month close processes
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- Great work ethic and attention to detail
- isplay appropriate ethical knowledge through extraordinary confidentiality, integrity and professional conduct
- Ability to work effectively both within a team environment and independently
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize work flow
Velocity - Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
Integrity - Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
Be Bold - Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
Empowerment - Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
Service - Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
We have a passion for all things international business and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. If you want to work for a professional, global, inclusive, and innovative company, we’d love to meet you!
At Velocity Global, we value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local