We are an international kitchen knife and cookware e-commerce company based in Canada but with a team that is distributed around the world. We sell through many channels including Amazon, Shopify & Walmart. You can find out more about the company here
We're hiring for an all-star Accountant to join our remote team! Whether you're a hobbyist or a pro, our aim is to enhance the experience of our clients' culinary creations.
This is a full-time position with flexible hours and you will get the opportunity to work with the Accounting Manager and a few other accountants. This will be an incredible career development and learning opportunity with endless opportunity for growth and advancement if you are up to the challenge as the company is projected to grow 30% year over year. Build expertise in an ever growing, in demand industry while being coached by highly trained individuals. If you're a detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated Accountant, we'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Do!
- Process bills, accounts payable and manage the accounts payable inbox
- Assist in the preparation of month-end working papers and the drafting of management reports
- Help to contribute to the full-cycle and continually improve upon our internal audit procedures to ensure the highest quality
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
To be successful you should have;
- Fluency in English
- 3+ years of proven experience as an accountant
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Experience with treasury activities (AR, AP, Cash)
- Familiarity with ERP/Accounting software; Netsuite is ideal !
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; MS Excel in particular and G Suite is a plus
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Hard-working, resourceful, self-motivated, detailed, and responsible
- Passionate about helping others and the company to succeed
- Inventive and proactive in designing and implementing new processes to continually streamline the department and suggest new ideas on a regular basis
Extra points if you have...
- Amazon Accounting
- Shopify Accounting
- PayPal Accounting
- MS Excel Programming
What's in it for YOU?
- Work/life balance - Flexible time-off and a fun remote culture
- Free premium culinary products from our company