MotoMotion Singapore is looking for remote-based freelance 3-Dimensional Products Designers to design/ re-design existing furniture, parts & components of smart furniture and that meet B2B/ B2C people’s needs. You will combine design ideas, material interfaces, technology and workflows to enhance our smart furniture products’ propositions
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful furniture-related and other technical projects is essential. Ultimately, you will make HHC/ MotoMotion Singapore’s products more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain B2B clients and their B2C customers
· 4 years + working experience in 3-Dimensional product design for the Asian Furniture market, especially for upholstery and wood products.
· Must be able to develop product from concept to final production, understanding production process and limitation.
· Understand furniture structure and any designs must be manufacture-able.
· Ability to take initiative and work independently.
· Good communication skills to effectively work with factories/ suppliers in China/ Vietnam as well as headquarters and overseas offices.
· Flexible to work with team members in other time zones.
· Highly proficient skills in 3D software and Photoshop.
· Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize conflicting deadlines.
· Mandarin and English Proficiency is required.
· Understand furniture product specifications and user psychology
· Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
· Create 3 dimensional products personas through user research and data
· Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
· Develop freehand/ CAD concepts and prototypes around customer needs
· Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
· Come up with UI concepts to implement attractive designs
· Communicate design ideas and prototypes to product developers
· Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
· Proven experience as a 3 Dimensional products designer, or similar role
· Strong portfolio of 3-Dimensional design projects (preferably furniture-related)
· Background in project management and research
· Familiarity with manufacturing processes
. Performers will be converted into full time employment