FoodStyles is looking for enthusiastic foodies! We cherish people who are knowledgeable about food preparation and cooking. Are you a foodie who understands how food is cooked and presented? If so, then you could be the person we're looking for. FoodStyles wants to work with you!
As a Menu Curator/Food Specialist, you will be working remotely/online on a daily basis and collaborate with our team. You will be given a list of restaurants, their menus, and dozens of dishes that need to be categorized. You should be able to use our tools to list every ingredient used in each dish and classify it using a categorization system we developed.
- 100% remote work / work from home (no commute)
- Full time (with optional overtime)
- Flexible time (must complete 40 hours per week)
- Salary: $650 - $790 per month (based on experience)
- We are currently looking for candidates who can speak Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Italian or German
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Food Technology, Nutrition or a Diploma in Culinary Arts or Bachelor’s Degree in other disciplines but with extensive food knowledge ( we want a bonafide foodie! ).
- Have the ability to work remotely and to be self-motivating (as our HQ is based in London), and can converse well in English.
- Direct experience working with ingredients, dishes and menus
- Ability to break down dishes and recipes into ingredients and components
- A deep understanding of food ingredients
- Should also have experience with Western, Eastern and Middle Eastern menus, dishes, and recipes
- Expertise in menu creation and development, as well as some experience with creating recipes
- An understanding of the intricacies of dietary requirements and allergies
- A willingness to research and recommend new ways of defining and understanding foods and recipes
- You need to have strong attention to detail.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word/ Excel etc)/ Google Chrome/ Discord
If you are interested in a new career opportunity that will allow you to work on a cutting-edge project, please contact us.