The Remote Hands Lead Technician will assist all Digital Realty customers by providing “best in class” technical support. The Remote Hands Lead Technician will serve as an immediate point of contact for tasks assigned to the site along with providing direct support to the Remote Hands Manager. The Remote Hands Lead Technician will work with and support all Digital Realty customer demands including remote hands support, racking and stacking of network devices, cabling, cross connects, and power. The Remote Hands Lead Technician will also help to support the facility’s Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) infrastructure. The Remote Hands Lead Technician will assist the Remote Hands and Data Center Managers to perform and oversee Preventative Maintenance on the critical infrastructure. Internally, the Remote Hands Lead Technician will work with the Deployment and Implementation team, the Command Center, Provisioning and Project Management to ensure all installations meet delivery dates and create a positive customer experience. The Remote Hands Lead Technician will be responsible for racking and stacking network devices, cabling, terminating, testing, labeling and troubleshooting of copper and fiber optic homeruns and cross-connects while responding to Technical Support Requests within the agreed Service Level Agreement time frame. The Remote Hands Lead Technician will also provide assistance to other members of the Operations team to ensure 100% uptime of all customers and critical infrastructure.
- 1+ years of Management /Supervision of personnel
- 5+ years of experience in Telecommunications or Data Center related field
- CompTIA A+ / Net + Certification
- Ability to rack, stack, cable, and troubleshoot network devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, and servers
- Knowledge of various fiber optic and copper connectivity methods including Ethernet, TDM, SONET and DWDM topologies
- 5+ years use of industry standard test equipment for certifying copper and/or fiber network cabling
- Strong structured cabling installation and termination background
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- AC/DC electrical theory
- Building Management System (BMS) and Branch Circuit Monitoring System (BCMS) experience
- Professional business communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
- Leadership and Team experience
- Advanced skill in Microsoft: Windows Operating Systems, Office Suite versions, and Visio
- Knowledge of Telcordia installation standards
- Understanding of network device deployment
- Knowledge and understanding of MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) standards and operations
- Ability to train lower level technicians
- Strong analytical skills
- Mission Critical Data Center Facility Maintenance preferred
- BICSI Certifications preferred
- CCNA preferred
- Oversee Remote Hands personnel and provide next level support as a subject matter expert
- Ensure the proper coding and closure of all requests assigned to the site
- Perform and oversee Remote Hands services which are tracked through the Digital Realty ticketing system. This includes, but is not limited to the following services:
- Equipment Rack and Stack
- Cable, terminate, and dress fiber or copper network cabling
- Assist customers with the diagnosis of hardware and software issues on their equipment
- Power cycling of customer equipment
- Perform cabinet/cage audits
- Blade/Card, Memory, Hard Drive, and Transceiver installations or removal
- Testing and troubleshooting of copper and fiber optic circuits
- Perform migrations of equipment, power, or networking devices
- Shipping and Receiving of packages
- Assist and oversee Preventative Maintenance on the critical infrastructure.
- Assist with the monitoring of the facility’s critical infrastructure (including mechanical cooling, UPS, Generator, and Access Control Systems) and respond to outages in a timely manner using Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP).
- Assist with security related items (e.g. Access Control System, DVR and CCTV systems)
- Help Security administer badges for internal and external customers
- Receive, install, and test customer and internal cross connects of copper and fiber optic interconnections
- Provide timely customer and internal updates using a computer based ticketing system
- Receive, log, and store internal packages
- Perform and document inventory verification/counts.
- Assist with facility audits to ensure compliance with SOC2, PCI, and HIPPA requirements.
- Monitor the Data Center’s mission critical infrastructure with the use of monitoring systems and inventory databases
- Perform and oversee infrastructure builds. Ensure related materials are being ordered or available
- Relay Racks
- Ladder Racking and Basket Tray
- Fiber Trough
- Perform and oversee DC power installations per Facility Engineering design specifications
- Perform and oversee quality assurance checks on all requests and Infrastructure builds to ensure accurate completion
- Assist the Regional and local management with the training and transfer of knowledge to all technicians.
- Oversee and maintain overall Data Center cleanliness and appearance
- Work flexible shift schedules
- Provide rotational on-call coverage
- Report to the facility within a 1 hour average for emergency outage assistance
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.