The Hopper International Expansion team is responsible for adapting and delivering the full suite of Hopper products within individual markets to engage and grow our global user base. The Product Operations Manager for Asia & Pacific (APAC) will ensure that Hopper builds and operates products and integrations with third-party suppliers and internal teams with speed and quality to facilitate a rapidly scaling presence in APAC countries. You will collaborate closely with product owners, engineers, business development managers, data analysts, customer support, and externally with Hopper’s technology partners such as airlines & hotels, Global Distribution Systems, third-party API providers, and more.
Product Operations Managers within the International organization take a lateral view of Hopper’s products (Flights, Lodging, Financial Services, etc.), facilitating the swift adaptation and growth of features that require unique content and user experience treatment for each market. They anticipate needs, own operational processes, troubleshoot issues, configure systems, and analyze performance to ensure that each market offering has access to the full breadth of content and unique supply needed to power its core value proposition and deliver a meaningful and reliable product to our users.
- Work collaboratively to enable new types and sources of travel products in new markets throughout APAC
- Become an expert in Hopper’s backend systems infrastructure to diagram, explain, and diagnose supply functionality and interruptions
- Be responsible for completing pre-development technical configurations that enable access to systems and APIs, and post-development work to maintain and improve performance
- Translate technical considerations between engineers, product managers, customer support agents, and third-party suppliers
- Investigate, specify, and coordinate the implementation of supply enhancements
- Provide accessible subject matter expertise pertaining to travel supply such as airfare types, rules, and fare and schedule filing; room types, bed banks, payment options; shopping, booking, and ticketing procedures; and post-booking operations
- Resourcefully troubleshoot issues that arise from internal bugs and third-party changes and outages
- Be responsible for creating, documenting, and maintaining systems and processes fundamental to Hopper’s international integrations
- Maintain a deep understanding of technical systems, capabilities, and planned improvements to maximize Hopper’s value from each
- Work with team members and strategic partners distributed around the globe
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience3+ years experience in consumer-facing startup or high-growth organization
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systemsExcellent written and oral communication skills in English & Spanish
- Highly effective communicator with technical depth to enable productive, cross-functional collaboration with world-class engineers, data scientists, business development, and customer service
- A creative and extremely detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Excellence in technical troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and solutioning
- Dedication to knowledge sharing, documentation, and building for scale and efficiencyAbility to balance speed and quality based on the unique needs of teams and initiatives
- Proven success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
- Excellent judgment and the confidence to make important trade-offs under pressure
- A customer-obsessed focus and positive, team-oriented attitude
- A proactive, self-motivated work ethic
- Strong time management and prioritization abilities
- No ego. Commitment to doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Aptitude and adaptability to work in a dynamic, high-growth business that operates at a very fast pace
- Travel industry experience, especially in product, operations, development, or analytics
- Previous roles in international expansion, localization, or globalization teams, especially focused in APAC markets
- Expertise in market research and/or business analytics to inform strategic initiatives
- Experience with GDS, CRS, PSS, or other airline and travel industry systems, especially Sabre, Travelport, Amadeus, NDC, ARC, IATA, and BSPs
- Familiarity with market-level nuances and considerations in travel, payments, language, and technology within APAC
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B The company’s valuation has more than tripled since early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
- The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!