- 4+ years professional experience, worked in cross-functional teams (Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, etc.)
- Strong CS knowledge, expertise building complex distributed services on large-scale platform for web and mobile apps
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Experience building and managing multiple external API integrations.
- Professional experience developing data heavy platforms or APIs.
- Professional programming experience with Java, Scala, Python or Go.
About The Job
Join a growing team in a company that is continually redefining how people travel. Our APAC team is responsible for reliably connecting our customers with diversified sources of travel inventory (Air, Hotel, Ground transportation) so that we can always offer the best possible deal. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for scaling, improving and operating our direct integrations platform across the board.
You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers. You have strong software, data modeling and analytical skills. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed. You’ll be responsible for making that a reality.
- Build innovative user experiences, setting code and performance standards
- Work with your teammates to improve their working knowledge of AWS, GCP and related cloud operations
- Evolve and maintain our architecture, including monitoring and alerting systems
- Build, own and generally maintain our vendor integration microservices
- Execute what you build - DevOps mindset
- Contribute to improvements in a microservices architecture system
- Deliver your first code in days, iterating over the product in an agile way
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback to foster growth
- Seize great opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 Carrot Cash annual travel stipend (available in most countries)
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- Additional compensation for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance costs
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its valuation more than double since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
- Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
- Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
- The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud , where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!