Who Are We?
We, PT. XooGuu, is a small startup.
We exist to empower content creators to thrive. This is what we believe in. This is our purpose. This is our vision.
We make our customers happy by creating sales-boosting products that are insanely easy to use and providing them with freaking awesome customer service.
Our product is BirdSend (https://birdsend.co) — an email marketing tool for content creators.
Here Are Our Core Values & Culture
You always put yourself in the other person’s shoes (whether it’s your family members, teammates, or customers), so that you can empathize with them and feel their emotions and understand where they’re coming from.Self-Improvement
You always seek to improve yourself, both personally and professionally. Whether it’s striving to become a better friend, spouse, child, parent, or professional -- constant and never ending improvement is in your DNA.Results-Oriented
You produce fantastic results. Period. No ifs. No buts.Optimistic
You always approach things with positivity and optimism. You don’t complain and put blame on others. You understand that sometimes things just don’t go your way, but you always have a knack at looking positively toward things.Gratitude
You’re thankful and grateful of who you are today and what you’ve achieved. You remain humble and strive to consistently improve yourself.Be The Last To Speak
Most people talk much more than they listen. You’re the opposite -- you listen attentively before responding. When you listen more than you talk and when you’re the last one to talk, people know that you care about them.Resourceful / Problem-Solver
If you don’t have the solution to a problem yet, you’ll find ways to solve it. You always do your own research first before asking others for help.Self-Starter & Responsible
You’re a self-starter, inspired and motivated to find work when your current tasks are finished. You’re responsible and trusted by your teammates and do not need to be micro-managed or “spoon-fed”.Useful
You always strive to provide value and be useful to other people... especially our customers, whether it’s via our products/services, or via providing customer service. Solving the customers’ problems is your #1 priority.Fun & Impactful
You believe the work you do is not only fun and enjoyable, but you also understand the contributions you make is impactful to small businesses. Because of your contributions, they are able to grow and prosper -- which will create more job opportunities. So you’ll be contributing to the society as well.Simple
You understand that you’re working together WITH a company (not for a company) that puts out simple products so that even the most technically-challenged person have no problems using them.
Why Join Us?
If you believe in what we believe (empowering small businesses to thrive), if you believe in our core values, if you believe you’re meant to do greater things than just “working for the sake of money”, if you believe in making an impact in this world through your work and contributions… you definitely should join us because it’s rare these days that you have the opportunity to work with (not for) a company that can provide you with these.
Maybe you want to learn about building and running an online business? You get to learn directly from us -- see and experience first hand how we do it. As a Sales Leads Hero, you’ll be playing an integral role in helping us (and yourself) grow.
We grow together. Not just the company. But you and us. All of us.
- Deep understanding of performance monitoring and web application profiling.
- Strong knowledge in working with APM and monitoring tools, such as New Relic.
- Strong knowledge in using cloud platforms, such as AWS, Linode, DigitalOcean.
- Strong knowledge in using Git system, such as GitHub and BitBucket.
- 2+ years of experience in working with Linux administration (Debian/Ubuntu in particular).
- 2+ years of experience in coding with PHP, including working with frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel, CodeIgniter.
- Proficiency with common scripting languages, such as Python and Bash.
- Proficiency in MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot, debug and optimize code.
- Knowledge of Linux security and networking.
- Knowledge of modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, etc).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines is preferred.
- Experience with MTA software such Postfix, Exim is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Excellent in communication (written and oral) with both technical and non-technical teammates, as well customers.
You’re measured by the output you produce. The results.
- Manage applications and server infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting, debugging and fixing issues across the infrastructure (applications, databases, system jobs, mail servers, etc) in a timely manner.
- Monitoring system activity as part of an on-call rotation.
- Monitoring, profiling and tuning applications and systems for maximum performances.
- Collaborate with customer support to reproduce and resolve technical issues reported by the customers.
- Collaborate with the development team to improve performances and resolve issues.
- Collaborate with the deliverability team to resolve mailing issues.
- Handle and automate deployment to staging and production environments.
- Manage system status and incidents.
- Identifying repetitive tasks and automating them.
- Provide technical customer support
Though this is a remote position, you should be available to work between 8pm - 5am (night shift) there or thereabouts GMT+7 during work days (Monday - Friday).
You also need to provide light customer support on non-work days (Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays).
What is “light” customer support? It means checking the support system once (1X) per day during non-work days (Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays) and providing customer support. For these days, what time you want to do it is up to you.
During your leave, do NOT provide customer support. Enjoy your holiday or free time or rest well! Your teammates will cover for you :-)
Who Will Love This Position?
You're comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes make decisions without all of the information.
You are passionate about serving and helping people and always willing to go the extra mile to make them happy.
You communicate clearly and succinctly.
You are a self-starter, disciplined, and possess self-management skills. If you require a lot of “hand-holding” and “spoon-feeding” this is not for you.
You follow instructions well, while at the same time are creative and can solve problems. We don’t just want answers, we want the problems solved.
You are able to read and write well in English since most of our customers are from Western countries.
You are ready and willing to learn new things.
You are a fast learner.
You love to use online tools.
You love the internet and you have a reliable internet connection.
And of course you love to work and play hard.
Here’s how to apply for this position.
Do not send over your CV, cover letter, photos, or any documents. Instead email over your answer to these questions: Why do you want to work with us? How will your skills and experience be beneficial for this role? Are you looking for full-time or part-time work? What is your age? What is your nationality and where are you currently residing?
For email subject, use this format: SRE Application - [How did you know about this position]Here Are Some Subject Examples
SRE Application - LinkedIn
SRE Application - Facebook group “Job Opening”
SRE Application - Wantedly
SRE Application - Referred by John Doe
Our email is hrd.wellymulia [at] gmail [dot] com