At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing post-sales service for IBM Power product solutions
- Provide over the phone technical support to IBM Power clients, field engineers or business partners
- Quickly diagnose machine hardware issues and provide action plan to fix problems
- Handle customer issues from end to end, manage customer interactions including but not limited to set customer expectations in complicated cases, assist customer collect logs/diagnostic information, email customer with action plan etc until case close
- Collaborate with internal teams to address complicated issues
- Maintain/improve customer satisfaction (NPS score) through constantly providing high quality support service
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Engineering, Computing Science or Electronic Engineering related.
- Good at communication both written and verbal in English is a must. Fluent English language to handle interactive communication with WW customers and IBM teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Active learner with self motivation
- Spirit of dedication and devotion under stress;
- Accept overtime and duty on day off and holidays when needed by the team;
- Experience in Remote Technical Support.
- Experience in Power/Host Server/Network SAN switch/Storage products. Knowledge and experience on IBM Power Server is a plus.
- Familiar with Unix or Linux. Knowledge of IBM Servers Product: Open system (System p, System i) and Mainframe (System z) is a plus.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.