Position Title: Remote_Technical Support Representative
Why we’re awesome?
SupportNinja is redefining the outsourcing space. Our mission is to “Show the World a Better way to Outsource”. What does this mean?
We are more than just a call center - we challenge the status quo with the greatest people and the latest technology. SupportNinja provides a personalized, modern and ethical approach that allows us to provide faster, smarter support than our competitors.
We work with some of the world's most disruptive companies across the tech, lifestyle, music and e-commerce spaces. Our services include customer support for apps, content moderation for streaming music services, B2B lead generation for SaaS companies, and back-office support for one of the world’s largest nonprofits. Our client roster includes HotelTonight, Warner Music/Level, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, SeatGeek, and more.
Be a Ninja and enjoy the following benefits:
- Fun, fast-paced environment where you can stretch your creativity
- Stress-free start up accounts
- HMO upon hire + 1 dependent upon regularization!
- Life Insurance upon hire
- 10 Paid time off upon regularization + 1 Birthday leave every year!
- Competitive Salary
Technical Support Representative will listen then analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues for voice, internet or data installation and connection issues. You may remotely configure and troubleshoot client's equipment or simply educate customers. In the event the issue cannot be resolved, you would escalate the call to the next tier of support or arrange dates, times & access arrangements for a service call. Some companies also ask their Tech Support employees to sell additional services. You'll utilize multiple computers and databases to record the results of your interactions. This is a position with plenty of growth potential.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Provides support to consumers and small/medium size businesses (SMB)
- Provides basic technical support to customers by phone, chat, and email
- Researches customers’ concerns to provide appropriate resolutions
- Creates and maintains case management records of daily problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
- Interfaces with customers regarding other vendors' equipment to find solutions to customer's concerns
- Develops training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software
- Creates and maintains knowledge base articles to foster customer self-help tools available on-line
- Additional duties as assigned
- At least one year of working experience supporting networking protocol hardware and software and/or mobile networking support
- General knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, UDP, and how they function in a network environment
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems
- Familiar with networking hardware and software issues
- Knowledge of major Operating Systems, Windows 2000, Windows, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Mac OS/X
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Experience with PPoE, VPN, IPSEC, PPTP, WDS a plus
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Must be able to provide two professional references
- At least one year of experience or equivalent education supporting networking protocol hardware and software and/or mobile networking support
The duties and responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is in general terms and are not definitive. The post holder is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time be necessary.
Powered by JazzHR