At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Remote Support Specialist provides remote technical support assistance to Multi Vendor clients and technical personnel on a number of Multi Vendor related products including Laptop PC, X86 server and some basic network technologies. Receives and records incident related information and exchanges information and concepts to ensure necessary understanding of the details related to problem or request ensuring the problem record created is complete and correct. Uses specialised technical knowledge, together with support tools, techniques, and procedures, to identify and evaluate possible problem cause and solution alternatives and to determine most likely cause(s) and solution(s). Monitors call and action plan progress to meet client and business objectives following set procedures. Communicates action plan to the client or IBM representative as appropriate and can recommend improvements to technical support tools, procedures, and processes. Communicates and negotiates proficiently with clients and IBM personnel as needed to ensure agreed metrics are achieved. Contributes to the team attainment of organisational objectives and high client satisfaction.
- Handle live and electronic client calls according to procedure to achieve Client Satisfaction targets and objectives
- Utilise the computer based tools to locate the technical information required to complete a call with a client.
- Maintain technical skills through online electronic tools.
- Utilise technical skill and computer based tools/knowledge bases etc to perform remote technical support with the objective of resolving remotely or developing and action plan to resolve technical faults.
- Manage service calls including maintaining call logs, status and escalation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 6 months of experience in customer support role
- Experience in technical customer support role will be considered as advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent soft skills, active listening/reading, sympathy, ask when in doubt, explain clearly and set right expectations
- Networking, Windows NT/2000/XP/Win7 operational and problem solving skills.
- Team player.
- Operate effectively within a team environment.
- Effective time management
About Business Unit
- VOIP Skills and experience
- HP, Dell certification
- Apple certification
- Microsoft certification.
- IBM Hardware based education
- Demonstrate an understanding of networking architecture and change management.
- Hands on Hardware break fix experience on PC Laptop and x86 server platforms
- Exposure to hands on hardware/software integration of systems. (e.g. building networks, maintaining / servicing associated network infrastructure)
- Experience in client relationships.
- Experience with routers, switches, telephony systems and cabling
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.