FMR Research and Advisory is a UK-based business research firm covering emerging markets. We opened an office in Yangon in 2014, providing subscription-based and customised research services.
We currently publish four subscription services in Myanmar, the Myanmar Real Estate & Construction Monitor, the Myanmar Energy Monitor, the Myanmar Transport Infrastructure Monitor, and the Myanmar Financial Services Monitor.
For more information please visit our site at www.frontiermyanmar.com.
We are now looking to hire a researcher to join our fast-growing team, working across a range of reports and subscription services.
The job will involve:
· Monitoring news and information sources for relevant material
· Translating materials from Burmese to English
· Interviewing and meeting companies or other relevant organisations
· Researching and writing a range of content including company and project profiles
· Collecting and analyzing economic, business, and trade data
· Working closely with other staff members
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a native Burmese speaker with experience working in an international business environment
· Have a background in financial services, or research on financial services
· Demonstrate relevant experience, e.g. business journalism, market research
· Have a solid understanding of Myanmar business and economic issues
· Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Be comfortable with speaking to and visiting companies and government bodies
· Have excellent written and spoken English