What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here !
Research Director – Life Sciences Supply Chain Expert
Location: Remote - Flexible in Europe, ideally Ireland or UK
About This Role
A Research Director in the Supply Chain practice advises end clients on the best practices on key initiatives such as end-to-end supply chain imperatives and trends, digitization of the supply chain, how to assess capability and move up the maturity curve, measuring performance with a focus on cost and service improvements, as well as best practices in connecting sourcing and procurement, planning and logistics. The key activities performed include: client advisory calls, conducting research and producing written content, presenting at Gartner events, and supporting sales teams by speaking with prospective clients to demonstrate Gartner subject-matter expertise. The role also requires collaboration with peers, partnering on research and writing and participation in research communities.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct and produce research on trends and best practices in end to end supply chain end for life sciences, including digitization of the supply chain, how to assess capability and move up the maturity curve, measuring performance with a focus on cost and service improvements, as well as best practices in connecting sourcing and procurement, planning and logistics.
- Cover the specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
- Geographic focus of research is global with most clients located in Europe and North America
- Produce provoking, pragmatic, thought-leading, fact-based research that is impactful for our clients.
- Develop broad coverage in the end-to-end life sciences supply chain and support for the head of supply chain and head of supply chain strategy roles.
- Drive new and topical research on best practices in related topics covering all life sciences sub-segments including pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies, medical devises, animal sciences and agriculture.
- Responsible for conducting research and writing in-depth reports and shorter notes that demonstrate a mastery of best practices and strategies to guide user decision-making. Proficiency in developing graphics and converting written content to presentation materials is an advantage
- Conduct ongoing interaction with clients and prospects in senior supply chain roles (including meetings, conference calls, strategy sessions and formal presentations).
- Prepare and deliver high-value presentations and other materials at Gartner, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings. Collaborate across research groups to ensure presentations and messages comprehensively represent best practices.
- Support the Gartner sales team in driving new business through proof of capability discussions, remote or on-site.
- Where appropriate lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
What You’ll Need To Perform This Job Successfully
The individual must be able to perform essential duties in an analytical and articulate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain, with demonstrated broad expertise in supply chain strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum.
- Preferred functional knowledge, in addition to end-to-end strategy, in logistics and specifically cold chain
- Also, preferable would be demonstrated knowledge in:
- Manufacturing processes and systems (MES and QMS)
- Clinical trials supply chain
- Network design
- Contract Manufacturing
- Ability to link best practices, business strategies, goals & metrics to client’s business strategies.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns, and drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position.
- Experience with the best practices and issues facing end users (“clients”). Demonstrate a curiosity for new ideas and best practices in supply chain and logistics operations.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively and presenting to large groups in workshops and conferences desired.
- Strong project planning and management skills with a strong team-working ethos.
- Some international travel as required from time to time.
Who You Are
- Collaborative: experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues.
- Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume.
- Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision. Effective communicator
- Analytically savvy – have strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Detail oriented - skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors.
Job Requisition ID:51402
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.