Summary and background
Pragma is a fast-expanding cybersecurity consultancy, led by industry veterans, that provides a range of security services to clients across Asia and Europe. We have a client base from tiny start-ups to colossal multinationals and every industry from Finance to Shipping to Sports and Education. We pride ourselves on our egalitarian start-up culture. We believe in hiring the smartest people with the best professional skills and giving them the support they need to grow and develop.
We are looking for risk & compliance consultants to join our Consultancy division, based in Singapore but working for clients across Asia. In this role, you will work on a variety of projects to help our clients secure their digital future, for example, risk management for Digital Banking licences: whatever is necessary to help the client succeed. You will be working with a team of experts and veterans, and we will give you the support and training you need to learn and develop your expertise.
Our clients in turn will look to you for advice and support as they grapple with security certifications, or cloud migrations, or meeting the exacting demands of Financial Regulators, or the growing pains of turning a small start-up into a world-beating multinational.
Pragma is committed to diversity and inclusion and assesses all applicants equally on their merits. We are committed to building a radically different working culture that gives people the chance to build a working life that works for both them and their clients. We fully support remote working.
- Execute internal audits to validate the effectiveness of clients’ processes and controls.
- Conduct enterprise risk assessments to assist clients in identifying and managing their risks.
- Perform compliance reviews to help clients identify their gaps against industry standards or regulations and support clients in developing and implementing processes and controls to meet requirements.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and advice to clients on regulatory compliance and security practices.
- Support other security consultancy engagements as required.
- Prepare working papers and reports to document the work performed. Regular coordination with clients to ensure requirements are met in terms of quality, time, and budget.
- Contribute to a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic team environment.
- Be involved in continuously improving internal processes to increase efficiency and quality of service we provide to clients.
You will need good communication skills, a calm voice in a crisis, and an ability to efficiently solve new problems. The sense of achievement you will get from helping companies grow and thrive is truly rewarding, and we will back that with a decent salary and great long-term opportunities. Experience should include:
- Decent knowledge of international standards on security such as ISO 27001 or SOC 2, or Singapore regulations such as MAS Technology Risk Management and the ability to apply that knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make logical and reasoned decisions.
- Creative out of the box thinker who is willing to collaborate internally and with clients to come up with reasonable and practical solutions to problems and issues.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, establish priorities and effectively work across varying consultancy areas.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively on teams and as an independent contributor with limited direction and oversight.
- Ability to independently perform compliance-related research.
- Proficient in translating complex data and analyses into actionable findings, strategies, and tactics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
What we offer
- A competitive salary.
- Training and certification in a security specialism of your choice: we will help you develop your skills further.
- The opportunity to learn security from industry experts.
- Work with prestigious financial and multinational clients.
How to apply
To apply for this role, send in your CV/Resume to click apply with the following information:
- Earliest available date
- Current/Expected salary
- Do you require a work visa in Singapore