Crossover is the world's #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, Engine Yard. Have you got what it takes?
Do you bleed Ruby? Does the idea of being a thought-leader and advocate for Ruby on Rails excite you? Are you ready to showcase your work to the entire community and influence the direction of Ruby, Rails, and NoOps development? Then we’ve got a job for you!
Join Engine Yard in powering thousands of applications in the Ruby coding community. For over a decade, Engine Yard has been at the forefront of technical innovation, enabling the Ruby and Rails communities to expand - whether helping GitHub run and scale in its early days or providing thousands of applications with an easy mechanism for leveraging cloud services.
We are on a mission to make deploying and managing applications easier and faster. Our platform allows developers to focus on writing an app while we execute an opinionated deployment, evaluating thousands of technical choices. We’re looking for Ruby experts like you to stay on top of the latest releases, contribute to open-source projects, and perform stack enhancements and platform updates.
So, if you are an expert in Ruby/Rails programming language, are energized by the idea of being at the forefront of sea changes in the Ruby community, and enjoy the thrill of showcasing your work to millions of developers across the globe, apply today!
What You Will Be Doing
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Researching specific enhancements to security, performance, operational, observability, or deployment elements
- Experimenting with upcoming changes and documenting what you learn
- Upgrading the stacks - we deploy applications into a hardened application stack that starts with the OS and goes all the way to the application server
- Establishing Engine Yard as a technical expert and thought leader by writing down your insights and upgrades for marketing purposes
Ruby Developer Key Responsibilities
- Focusing on sales or marketing of Engine Yard
- Hanging around message boards waiting to share your insights - you’ll be actively writing code and deploying updates
- Study upcoming and new releases, posts, and discussions in the Ruby on Rails community
- Make changes and contribute to open-source projects in the Ruby/Rails community
- Make code changes to the Engine Yard stack and platform
- Provide the marketing team with detailed insights for publication to the Ruby community
About Engine Yard
- At least 5 years of related work experience in computer or software programming, development, or support
- Advanced Ruby/Rails development skills
- Knowledge of trends in the Ruby programming world
- Ability to write clear, concise technical summaries
This is an opportunity to work on building a new brand in developer tools that will shape the future of software development. You will be working with an exceptional team to help scale a fast-paced new business. Every technology you work with will be leading edge and innovative. Developers, engineers, product managers, business analysts, quality assurance analysts and customer and production support personnel work closely with one another to build our next-generation platform. You will have the opportunity to work independently on challenging compound problems as well as collaborate with other team members to solve major goals.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4498-PH-IVACalab-RubyDeveloper