Are you a leading Ruby expert? Do you get energized by building your reputation in the Ruby community by influencing the direction of NoOps deployments?
We're looking for Ruby specialists who will deliver attention-stealing insights borne from intense research and hands-on stack enhancement and platform updates. You will love this role if you consider yourself a technical rock star and are energized by the idea of being at the forefront of sea changes in the Ruby community. And you will get to showcase your work to millions of developers across the globe.
What You Will Be Doing
EngineYard, part of the Trilogy family, aims to grow its business by 10x over the next 3 years by bringing on Ruby experts like you. In this role, you will spend most of your time researching Ruby, updating stacks and platforms with what you learn, and documenting your ideas so that you and EngineYard can win prestige and influence in the open-source community.
What You Won’t Be Doing
You will NOT be hanging around message boards, waiting to say something smart, without having any accountability. This is not a sales and marketing role.
Ruby On Rails Developer Key Responsibilities
- Research Ruby/Rails specific security, performance and operational enhancements, and apply these insights to upgrading the stacks
- Research Ruby/Rails specific observability and deployment enhancements, and update the platform with those decisions. At times, these contributions might have to be made to open-source projects
- Summarize your discoveries and hand your writeups to our marketing team
- A Computer Science degree or at least 15 years of related work experience
- Evidence of contributions to a popular open-source Ruby/Rails project (i.e., a project with 1,000+ stars on Github)
About Engine Yard
- DevOps experience with large-scale application deployments
This is an opportunity to work on building a new brand in developer tools that will shape the future of software development. You will be working with an exceptional team to help scale a fast-paced new business. Every technology you work with will be leading edge and innovative. Developers, engineers, product managers, business analysts, quality assurance analysts and customer and production support personnel work closely with one another to build our next-generation platform. You will have the opportunity to work independently on challenging compound problems as well as collaborate with other team members to solve major goals.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4498-SG-Singapor-RubyonRailsDev.003