Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Role
As a part of the Quality team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on improving the performance of our Sales and Success teams. As a QA Analyst, you will be in charge of ensuring our sales and success reps provide the best experience in their sales and onboarding conversations with our pros. Your primary mandate as QA Analyst is to review sales development, sales and success calls to identify trends, insights, and behaviors, and ensure they meet our standards.
- Audit the required number of calls as assigned
- Maintain a record of audits and evaluations that were done
- Publish reports on collated audits and evaluations containing key insights that will help operations stakeholders improve overall program performance and service delivery, and inform training/enablement loops
- Attend or facilitate calibration sessions and quality meetings
- Lead or take part in quality and process improvement-related ad-hoc projects and analysis
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 1 year of related experience in quality assurance preferably in a sales or SDR campaign
- At least 2 years of combined experience in sales or onboarding accounts
- Excellent aptitude for research, navigation, and investigation
- Able to publish reports using quality and analytics tools
- Proficient in the use of Google Forms, Sheets, Docs, and Slides
- Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement and quality body of knowledge is an advantage but not required
- Experience with QMS and CMS platforms such as Five9, Gong, and Salesforce
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.